De Santis

www.paninidesantis.it - +39 02 7209 5124

De Santis Milan Reviews

DAO DAO
The Best Sandwiches in the World Feb 08, 2017
De Santis likes to advertise that they gave birth to the best sandwiches in the whole world. They are so good, they might just well be. They have my vote for the best sandwiches in Italy and Europe. I do like this section from their website:

"Rose is a rose is a rose is a rose is a rose," wrote Gertrude Stein. It could be. What we are certain of is that a sandwich is not a sandwich is not a sandwich is not a sandwich. They may look alike, lying in their window, but there is a sandwich with that something extra that makes him memorable, be told, digestible, longingly repeatable.

I came across their original location while walking with my most wonderful local guide. It’s a tiny place located on an historic street in an ancient looking building. We had to wait a few minutes near the entrance for a table to become available. That’s when I had a good look at the quality ingredients they have to make their advertised 210 sandwich recipes. Just a simply look and I knew this is a sandwich shop for gourmets and I suddenly felt even more hungry than before entered this cave like eatery. One of the walls is almost covered in their large version of the menu. A smaller version is available. I loved my sandwich. An absolutely fantastic creation.

De Santis is so good that they get famous visitors from all across the world. Many musicians, actors and politicians have signed photos commemorating their visit and love of De Santis. They even have several sandwiches named after famous people. In fact I had the ‘Mao’ sandwich. De Santis also now has several other locations. They even do catering for special events.

Favorite Dish:

I had the ‘Mao’.

Speck (Smoked Prosciutto) , melted brie cheese, hot pepper-flavoured Caprino cheese, onion-flavoured Caprino cheese, tomato, pepperoni, oregano and salt.

Check Milan Hotel Deals