De Nieuwe Chinese Muur

010 418 4098

De Nieuwe Chinese Muur Rotterdam Reviews

pms70 pms70
Affordable Chinese Indonesian Speciality dining Apr 05, 2008
After having dined in this restaurant twice I find it is certainly worth a recommendation. It is situated on the outskirts of Rotterdam but worth the trip. The restaurant is decorated like most Asian restaurants in The Netherlands so it doesn't really stand out in that way, but the food is superb.

The service is fast and friendly, and not intrusive although they do ask if everything is allright and will ask if drinks need to be refilled. Music is played although not Asian, which is fine by me.

There is a monthly special which will be given to you along with the normal menu. The first time I chose the hot and sour soup for starters, and the Babi Spek for the main. Both were wonderful. Both cutlery and chopsticks are available for eating with.

The second time I ate here was with a friend, and we shared a platter of dim sum for starters, which had spring rolls, several steamed bites, etc. This is only available for 2 people or more, like a lot of the set menu's. Again I had the Babi Spek for my main because I enjoyed it so much last time. My friend had Babi Pangang which he enjoyed too. We both had fried rice.

Drinkwise, they had alcohol free beer which was good, and I had Chinese tea. This was the first time I have ever been served Chinese tea in a mug, but I must say I actually preferred it this way! I don't really like the dainty little cups you usually get.

Both times I was here the owner James Wang came over to have a chat and to see if things were ok, which is a nice touch.

All in all a very enjoyable meal, and catering and take-away is also possible.

Check Rotterdam Hotel Deals