De Met

+32 (0)2/2533000

De Met Vilvoorde Reviews

Chokk Chokk
De Met Jul 07, 2009
Vilvoorde is an industrial city just next to the Brussels Airport in Zaventem, but it also has a wonderful small town square or Grote Markt almost completely hidden away from the people passing this city.

On the middle of the square you find this great restaurant where they have specialized in horse meet.

I know it might not be popular with everyone but the meet here is outstanding. When I was there I naturally had to taste the horse meat and therefore chose Paarden filet mit peperroom and a beer next to it; I found a Tongerloo Blond which I never had tasted before. I must say that both the meat and the beer were really tasty both separate and together.

When you enter the place you get a feeling that you enter a British pub, until you are greeted in singing Flemish. The waiters were very friendly and had a nice glimpse in their eyes. The service was swift and friendly.
Chokk says:
It is not that far from the airport - my guess 3-5km, in a taxi no problems at all
Posted on: Nov 09, 2009
Dr_Seuss says:
Sounds good to me :-)

How easy would it be to get to the square from the airport if someone was waiting ages for a connecting flight
Posted on: Nov 09, 2009