De Komeet

011 88 16 91

De Komeet Leuven Reviews

Pearl510 Pearl510
Simple café with nice snacks Apr 16, 2010
De Komeet is one of the many bars on the old market in Leuven. It is right in the corner closest to the grand place, on your right.

I had been there before to have a drink on the terrace in summer, but today was the first time that I actually had a snack there. Most cafés on the old market are for drinking mainly, not for eating. But to my surprise the food was very good.

You should come here only for snacks, not for real dinner. We had some tapas as a start (garlic bread and stuffed mushrooms. They were simple, but tasty. Do not expect authentic Spanish quality, but definitely nice if you want something to bite while sitting in the sun (or inside).

After that we had croque monsieur (I don't know in English, I suppose it's like ham and cheese sandwich - toasted). It wasn't the ordinary croque though, it was made of very think dark bread and came with a lovely salad and dressing. Very tasty! The table next to us had the cheese croquettes with salad and that looked really great as well!

We had a cappucino with cream to end, which was perfect to end a lovely sunny day. Too bad I didn't have my camera with me to take pictures of the dishes...

The inside of De Komeet is nothing special at all. Very simple tables and not much of any design. The terrace is nice but it's not the best location of the market either. Staff is friendly but no more then that. Yet the food wasn't to bad so I have not regret eating here. Next time when I'm hungry while on the market square, I will consider eating here again.

Check Leuven Hotel Deals