De Duine Hotel Hentiesbaai

Check Hentiesbaai Hotel Deals

De Duine Hotel Hentiesbaai Reviews

pkrejchrt pkrejchrt
Don't Use This Dump Dec 30, 2009
When we booked this accommodation it was part of Namibian Country Lodges portfolio, a reputable company and although few reviews or photos available we decided to book it. On arrival we were disappointed to see a run down and slightly seedy looking single story building containing reception, restaurant and sports bar. Behind this building is a collection of motel style rooms, certainly not stylish or modern. For the cheap price we accepted the problems with quality of food etc. Incidentally NCL have offloaded the property onto some other company as it doesn't fit in with their image. On check out we were told we'd already had our credit card deducted and nothing further to pay. Two days later (and having left Namibia) I got a call at 7am in the morning asking for my credit card details to be faxed as they'd made a mistake. It certainly was a mistake to email the details as they overcharged me nearly 100% ontop of the agreed rate. Since then I have been emailing to get the difference refunded. I can see they read my emails but clearly they are ignoring them and my complaints. This place just isn't worth the money or hassle. There are plenty of other B&Bs in Hentjies Bay, alternatively drive the extra kilometres and stay in Swakopmund.

De Duine Hotel Hentiesbaai Overview

Located in Henties Bay on the west coast of Namibia, approximately 72 kilometres from Swakopmund. This area is one of southern Africa's most well known angling areas.

A good property from which to explore the west coast of Namibia. TO/1008.

A light-coloured concrete building with outdoor pool.

All rooms are equipped with television and direct dial phone and most face the outdoor pool.

The restaurant serves an a la carte menu focusing on seafood and meat and also offers a large Sunday buffet.

1 km to the nearest beach, 125 kms to the nearest airport (walvie bay), 4 kms to city centre, 75 km to the nearest station (snakopmuno).

De Duine Hotel Amenities