De Dagvisser

070 350 0593

De Dagvisser Scheveningen Reviews

Sweetski Sweetski
Beware of the fisherman May 14, 2011
I will never eat here again. I’ve been to De Dagvisser (The Fisherman) several times in the last few years and each time they managed to disappoint me.

Located at the 2nd inner harbour of Scheveningen-Den Haag, the beach is nearby, the view from the terrace at the yacht harbour is nice and the free parking is a bonus. Inside the restaurant, the decoration is as to be expected nautical themed (in a nice way, not over the top). The menu logically has many seafood dishes on it, the descriptions are clear and written in both Dutch and English. But beware: You might not get what you ordered, if you get it at all.

Today (May 2011) the three different sandwiches we ordered took almost 40 minutes to reach our table, and when they finally did, were not what we ordered. Menu stated a two layered sandwich with crab salad and Dutch (grey) shrimps. Alas, no shrimps to be found anywhere on the plate. When I went over to the Maitre to inform him of my complaint, all he could say was: “you’re being very critical”. Not in a jokingly manner, he meant it!

I am the least critical person I know… I’m all for second chances, and third and fourth. After all, sometimes a mistake is just a mistake and it could be a one-off. That’s why I came back after previous disappointments about the staff, the quality of the food and the speed of service. But it’s the way the staff treats you when you rightfully complain, that finally did it for me. I don’t like writing negative reviews, but if you keep treating me as rubbish as I have been treated several times at De Dagvisser over the last couple of years, you regrettably deserve a review on TB too. If only to warn others…
Sunflower300 says:
How disappointing for you. Find another place where they are happy to have you walk in the door (my place :)) and can take any criticism from you in the light it was intended (to help them) and go there.
Posted on: Jul 05, 2011
hummingbird50 says:
Posted on: May 15, 2011
Sweetski says:
@Vance, indeed it is, and you're welcome :)

@Bev, You are so right. And you know what? Good customer service is one of the easiest things to do / provide. All one has to do is deliver what they promised.
Posted on: May 14, 2011