De Bonte Koe Chocolates

www.debontekoe.nl - +31(0)10 - 473 27 51

De Bonte Koe Chocolates Schiedam Reviews

moshers_moll moshers_…
Intoxicating Chocolate Makers! Jul 02, 2009
This place is an absolute must for chocolate lovers, a gorgeous little chocolate makers and coffee/tea rooms, which also offers a chocolate workshop on a Saturday which teaches you to make your own! (At a cost of 45 Euros per person)

Walking through the main entrance to a little galleried area where the most ornate chocolate sculptures are displayed - far too good to eat, you are then hit with the most beautiful aroma in the world - CHOCOLATE. Lots of it and you can tell by the smell it's going to be good quality, not pumped with sugar. An array of bonbons and truffles are displayed-cinnamon are my particular favourite.

As they make these little drops of heaven on site, you can sit enjoying your coffee, tea or hot choc whilst watching them make the chocolates at the rear through the glass partition. The cafe area itself is lovely and relaxing with candles, exposed brickwork walls, pillars and modern furniture.

The best thing in Schiedam city centre, well worth a visit. In fact the aroma was so overpowering and heavenly I didn't want to leave, can't wait to go back :-D

Check out their website for more info: http://www.debontekoe.nl/ (Mainly in Dutch though it has an English summary) Enjoy!
Exterior - located within a former…
Modern interior
ahtibat17 says:
Makes my mouth water!
Posted on: May 05, 2010
diisha392 says:
Congrats on the feature! Chocolate is fabulous!
Posted on: Jul 08, 2009
jennethm says:
Congrats on your review featured! I love this one, I am an absolute chocolate lover, I would put this on places I wish to visit soon!
Posted on: Jul 08, 2009
vosking vosking
Made my own Chocolates!! Mar 21, 2008
Last year I did a workshop Chocolates making in "De Bonte Koe"(in english; The Motley Cow). It was a great and very sweet day. After the reception with coffee and chocolates, there was a brief story about the process of how a bean becomes cacao. And how they make it into chocolate. Then they showed us how to make bonbon's. We could choose between milk or pure chocolate. I choose pure. I became a bowl with fluent pure chocolate and brought it to my work table. It just smell great and you wish to drink the bowl empty! The fillings we use for the bonbon's are already on your working table. The Chocolatier tell's how to use the chocolate fork and how to decorate your chocolates. After that it's your turn. It's wonderfull to create your own chocolates and decorate them with milk chocolates. In total you make about 1 kilo of chocolates, truffles and you even make your own chocolate plate to put your chocolates on. When your finished it all will be wrapped up in paper and you got some recipe's with it.

By the time I was finished, I was feeling dizzy from all the chocolates I tasted and the smell of the chocolate. Think I was in a Happy state. I was doped of chocolate. And it felt good. ;D
Making our own chocolates.
Making our own chocolates.
De Bonte Koe logo.
Some creations for special happeni…
moshers_moll says:
This sounds like my idea of heaven. I'm hopefully going into Schiedam centrum some time this week so I must remember to check this place out...yummy!!! :-D
Posted on: Jun 07, 2009
vances says:
You did indeed write a chocolate review....and a fine one too! I used to work in Hershey, PA and understand what you mean about feeling doped by the amazing smell.
:^)
Posted on: Mar 29, 2008
vosking says:
Quit easy! I get migraine of chocolate, so I almost never eat it!!! Just make it to share it. Injecting is a idea, going straight through your vein. Hahahahaha.
Posted on: Mar 24, 2008