De Blauwe Kater

Hallengang 1, Leuven, Belgium

De Blauwe Kater Leuven Reviews

Adrian_Liston Adrian_L…
Smokey Jazz bar May 22, 2009
With Michelle and Grant in town we wanted to show them the dynamic range of Belgian beers available. Lydia is a big fan of the Kwak, not so much for the taste (she prefer the more fruity lambics) but mostly because of the interesting shape of the glass. Not that many places sell Kwak, so we went to one that we know does – the Blue Cat Jazz bar. Off a side alley near the Town Hall I am ambivalent about the Blue Cat Bar. On the one hand, it has a great atmosphere, small, dark and cosy. On the other, being so small, dark and cosy the place can really fill up with smoke. Luckily the smokers were not drinkers this night, so we enjoyed our Kwak.

There are live Jazz performances on Mondays.
lamadude says:
Hahaha, I love the kwak glasses as well, I have them in my room and also drink water or coke out of it to keep me both entertained and hydrated whilst writing papers. (Too many real kwaks wouldn't have a good effect on my writing)

The place where I usually go for kwaks is "den brosser" on the oude markt (somewhere in the middle, at the corner of the oude markt and a side street) blauwe kater tends to be a bit too pricey for a poor student.
Posted on: May 25, 2009