De Bierprofessor

stratumseind 33, Eindhoven, Netherlands

De Bierprofessor Eindhoven Reviews

SWFC_Fan SWFC_Fan
Nearly 200 beers to choose from! Feb 07, 2017
There were two beer pubs that I was particularly keen to visit during our stay in Eindhoven in April 2015. One was the Van Moll Brewery Cafe and the other was De Bierprofessor.

Having enjoyed a few beers at Van Moll on Easter Saturday afternoon, I managed to squeeze in a short visit to De Bierprofessor late on Easter Sunday evening.

De Bierprofessor is located on Stratumseind – a busy nightlife street, lined with bars, in the centre of the city just a few minutes walk from the main square of Markt.

It is a small, intimate and trendy bar; dimly lit and with a distant hum of music being played somewhere in the background. Beer paraphernalia adorns the walls and there are shelves lined with hundreds of empty beer bottles.

We perched on high wooden stools at a small table and I perused the extensive beer menu. There were almost 200 beers available – mainly in bottles (largely from Netherlands, Belgium, UK and Germany), but also a handful of beers on tap. Prices start at around €4 per bottle.

I decided to try something local and opted for Oldskool "Hopplukker" (€5.30 for a 330ml bottle) – a 6.5% English-style IPA brewed by the Eindhoven-based Oldskool Brewery.

Although this is predominantly a place to visit for beers, Emma was able to enjoy a glass of 7-Up.

I must admit, as much as I enjoyed our short visit to De Bierprofessor, I preferred the excellent tap beers and all round atmosphere at Van Moll Brewery Cafe.

A huge choice of beers (nearly 200!) in a trendy little bar on Stratumseind! Recommended for beer lovers!
HORSCHECK says:
This looks like my kind of place. Excellent review here.
Posted on: Feb 07, 2017
twan twan
Best beers in Eindhoven Jan 09, 2012
The beer Walhalla from Eindhoven

Located in the popular Stratumseind the Bier Professor is one of the 50 catering businesses. The Bier Professor is the smallest and quietest pub in this street and is open six days a week for a good conversation and good beer. Beer comes first in this café there are more than 100 beers on the card. At the time off writing this article a staggering 158 beers, but it changes every week. I really like the Belgium beers but I sometimes order crazy beers like chocolate beer or gluhbeer (it is served hot)

De Bier Professor is a small but great pub, Have fun and maybe we can drink a beer together.

Check Eindhoven Hotel Deals