Days Inn Arlington/Washington DC

Days Inn Arlington/Washington DC Rates and Deals

Days Inn Arlington/Washington DC Reviews

cotton_foam cotton_f…
do not stay here! Jul 15, 2016
This hotel is supposedly our lodging for two nights while in the Arlington area.

Upon seeing the reception lobby alone, I can already tell that this hotel is an awful, bad choice! I can't believe the management is not doing anything to upgrade the property while receiving RTI!

Door knob is the hardest to turn. You have to bang it hard to open. Goodness!

Air Conditioning is very noisy.

The carpet in super old and dirty.

The furniture are outdated.

As I said, we're supposed to stay here for two evenings, but as soon as I got inside our room, I logged on to cancel my reservation for the next night. I did not care if they'll charge me with that reservation as it already passed the cutoff time for free cancellation.

This hotel is disgusting! Pulizzz, do not stay here. At bedtime, I was tossing and turning due to non-stop itching. For the love of Pete, I couldn't wait to check out from this dingy, dirty motel!

The bad sides of this hotel does not end, when I took a shower, the drainage is clogged so dirt were sticking on my feet! Yuck!

However, the guy at the reception desk was enthusiastic when I asked to book a taxi for me, but still, that does not compensate the negative aspects of this hotel!

Also, I must give the management the credit for their few variations of breakfast offers --not the best thing, but good enough I would say. Even then, I don't think my perspective of this hotel will ever change. Not until they renovate and make an upgrade of their property! So, to make well worth the cost to what I paid for, I packed a bag of some food to give to a fellow TB!

Luckily, they did not charge me for the other night that I cancelled.
cotton_foam says:
ouch, not good!
Posted on: Sep 04, 2016
yeshan yeshan
Good Place to stay if you want to explore DC & Around Feb 25, 2012
At first you may think this is not a good deal but i was there in summer, its got a very decent pool, (had a very hot life guard) decent breakfast and the shuttle service from the hotel to the Rosslyn metro was and excellent addition. Was there for one week it was worth the deal at 80 bucks a night. The only disadvantage is there is not night life, sightseeing or shopping within walking distance, but good place to chill down especially if you want to travel around DC and surrounding areas. There are a plethora of restaurants, close to Days Inn serving all types of food from Western, mediterranean to Asian. A place i would recommend for a traveler looking to cost effective accommodation close to DC.
With the Hot Life Guard at Days In…
jennjeff1 jennjeff1
Cheap place to stay near DC if you can stand the noise Apr 10, 2011
This Days Inn Arlington (a.k.a. Days Inn Washington, DC) located in Arlington, Virginia was probably the worst hotel we’ve stayed at for a major chain hotel, although it was still survivable for those on a tight budget. This hotel is in need of renovations and new management—although the front desk staff was friendly and helpful when we needed something.

The location is great—right across the street from Fort Myer—and it has free shuttle service to the Roslyn Metro, but the shuttle only runs until 8PM which is not the best if you are out late with dinner/drinks.

There was a bad windstorm during our stay and I informed the manager that the Days Inn sign was ripping apart—he got pretty defensive about it. He also should have relocated all of the guests along HWY 50 to the interior courtyard while he had contractors ripping down all the ceilings above the walkway. This made a big mess of insulation (asbestos????) all over the walkway and the workers were making noise right outside our door as early as 0800 on Saturday and Sunday. The workers also appeared to not be licensed/insured and the hotel parking lot was full of long-term parking for taxis, limousines, and delivery trucks—indicating there are many non-Americans living at this hotel (if you know what I mean).

We did like the free shuttle to the Metro, the single internet-enabled computer in the front lounge which had a printer for printing boarding passes, free continental breakfast with orange juice, and an orange juice vending machine. There was also a 7-11 convenience store and a good Mediterranean Restaurant within walking distance where you could get food/beer/wine even late at night.

The constant noise from the 21-gun salute rifle practice by the Old Guard at Arlington Cemetery at 0700 across busy HWY 50, the building construction across the side street, and the repair work right outside our door on weekend mornings were very annoying—and not necessary since the interior courtyard parking rooms were mainly vacant and away from the noise.

PLUSES:

+ Computer with internet and printer in lobby

+ Good location with a restaurant and convenience store within walking distance

+ King size bed was okay

+ Free shuttle ride to Rosslyn Metro

+ Free continental breakfast with OJ and an OJ vending machine for those of us who do not drink coffee (very important!)

+ Helpful and friendly desk staff

MINUSES:

- Manager defensive and did not relocate guests during roof construction

- Construction and street noise all around hotel

- Renovations needed—dark and dingy, especially with having to keep shades shut with workers right outside our door

- "Fire in the hole" showers any time someone on our floor flushed while we showered--extreme HOT to extreme COLD in quick succession (I got burned 6 times in 4 days)

Overall, we would not stay at the Days Inn Arlington again until the construction is complete, the rooms are renovated, and we needed a cheap place to stay.
Days Inn Arlignton, VA near Washin…
jennjeff1 says:
@Britt: Hmmmm...I should have come up with more minuses than pluses--my bad!
Posted on: Apr 12, 2011
williamsworld says:
I am glad you included the minuses
Posted on: Apr 12, 2011

Days Inn Arlington/Washington DC Overview

Conveniently located just five miles from the airport, the Days Inn Arlington/Washington DC is close to downtown Washington D.C. With the hotel's complimentary shuttle service to the metro, guests will have no trouble reaching area attractions. Visitors can tour Arlington National Cemetery, the White House, the Capitol, the Washington Monument, the Lincoln Memorial, the Kennedy Center, and the Smithsonian Museum. Other points of interest are Georgetown University and Old Town Alexandria. Local corporations include IBM, US Airways, Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, Verizon, and Northrop Grumman. The Days Inn Arlington/Washington DC is located about five miles from the Ronald Reagan National Airport and the hotel provides shuttle to the Rosslyn Metro Subway.

The 128 guest rooms at the Days Inn Arlington/Washington DC offer all the standard amenities, including telephones, Internet access, and cable TV. All rooms are non-smoking.

Guests will find many amenities at the Days Inn Arlington/Washington DC, including an on-site restaurant and lounge, a seasonal outdoor swimming pool, a fitness center, free parking, safe deposit boxes, free newspapers, and a 24-hour front desk. For the business traveler, the hotel provides a well-equipped business center, and has meeting rooms available. No pets are allowed.

Days Inn Arlington/Washington DC Amenities

• Photocopier
  • Desk
  • Facsimile
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower