Day Trans Bus

Day Trans Bus - Another Day Trans in front of us on the way to Bandung

Day Trans Bus Jakarta Reviews

pearcetoyou pearceto…
Great Transportation to and from Bandung Aug 05, 2011
After my recent experience with Greyhound Bus in America I was skeptical about riding another bus, even though it wasn’t going to be as long as the trip back in the states. But Day Trans Bus was a pleasant surprise!

The bus company specializes in trips to and from Bandung. It takes about 2 to 2 ½ hours to drive there from Jakarta, depending on the traffic. And a one-way ticket for one person costs a mere 7USD. That’s a great price any way you cut it, but then I wondered what the ride, itself, would be like. And what was the condition of the busses?

Well, no worries! This is an exceptional mode of transport and I think Greyhound could use a few lessons. Their busses look new and are a nice shiny red and very comfortable and clean and dependable (are you listening to this, Greyhound?). The drivers and office staff were all friendly and professional, too.

If you are planning a trip into Bandung from Jakarta, I recommend the Day Trans Bus. The drive is very scenic, especially once you start getting close to Bandung. They have offices/pickup points all over in Jakarta, as well as in Bandung, and their busses run many different schedules. The bus we were on carries up to 8 passengers, but you can get a bigger bus that has more seats for even cheaper rates than what we paid. And some of the busses even have wifi.
Our 8 passenger bus
Leaving Jakarta on the bus
Sitting behind the driver
pearcetoyou says:
Thanks, Sarah. And if you are planning to go to Indo next year, check out my review of the taxi company, BlueBird!
Posted on: Aug 06, 2011