Daxiang Huayuan

Manting Lu, Jinghong, China
Daxiang Huayuan - My room
Daxiang Huayuan - Bathroom
Daxiang Huayuan - Every room has a PC connected to the Internet!
Daxiang Huayuan - Reception
Daxiang Huayuan - Daixiang Huayuan Hotel

Check Jinghong Hotel Deals

Daxiang Huayuan Jinghong Reviews

Biedjee Biedjee
A 'local' experience Nov 16, 2010
Jinghong is changing rapidly. Backpacker facilities are springing up throughout the city, however when I was there, the first hostel yet had to be opened. There are plenty of Chinese cheapies scattered around Manting Lu and my choice for the Daxiang Huayuan was solely based on convenience – I’d been walking and looking for a place to stay for over an hour and grew tired of it.

Of all the staff in the hotel only one lady spoke a few words of English and she was far more helpful and accommodating than I am used to in China.

The room was large and complete, with a hard, but comfortable bed. The bathroom had a squat toilet and a steaming hot shower. Not that you crave for anything remotely steamy or hot when in the Xishuangbanna region.

All the rooms also have a PC connected to the Internet. All software is in Chinese, so it could be a challenge for checking your mails. There is no Wi-Fi available, nor is it possible to hook up your laptop to the PC connection.

So the hotel wasn’t great or anything, but I welcomed the experience anyway. In my trip around China This was only the second time in China that I stayed in a hotel which isn’t accustomed to foreigners, so it was a nice reminder of the fact that I was indeed in a different country.

And for what it was and the price, it was definitely a good option.

By the time you read this I'm sure the first Western-style hostel will have sprung up in the city. However, if it hasn't, or if you'd like to stay in a Chinese-style hotel for a change, this makes a good choice.
My room
Every room has a PC connected to t…

Check Jinghong Hotel Deals