Dawson Trail

Dawson Trail, Dawson Creek, Canada

Dawson Trail Dawson Creek Reviews

planxty planxty
Go for a walk Mar 17, 2017
The evening we arrived in Dawson Creek we had found what I would describe as a park but is effectively a linear path running parallel to 110th Avenue between Highway 2 and 13th Streets and I walked it. I was so taken with it that I returned to it the next day and walked it again not to mention the day after that as well. It became quite a little ritual for me.

OK, it is not major league hiking and is only about a mile or a bit more in length. Nor is it rural as you can see houses the entire length of your walk but it just appealed to me for some reason.

I think one of the main reasons the Kin Park (where it is situated) appealed to me was that at intervals there are little inscribed stones with very short poems on them which are very charming. It appears I am not alone in my appreciation of the Park as I certainly met plenty of dog walkers, joggers, mothers with prams and pushcahirs not to mention people just sitting on one of the numerous benches reading the newspaper. I was slightly surprised as it does not really "go" anywhere in either direction. The park also boasts an outdoor fitness centre, municipal tennis courts, a playground for the little ones and there is free parking towards the 13th Street end.

About halfway along you can deviate towards 107th Avenue to go and stand on a small footbridge which spans Dawson Creek for which the City is named although in August it wasn't overly full but it was good to see it. I was not aware of it at the time but apparently it is part of a much larger network which runs all over the city. There is little more I can tell the reader other than it is a lovely place to spend some time as I hope my images convey.

Check Dawson Creek Hotel Deals