Dawson Creek Visitor Centre.

900 Alaska Ave, Dawson Creek, Canada

Dawson Creek Visitor Centre. Reviews

planxty planxty
Get the information first. Mar 17, 2017
I have mentioned on other of my Canadian reviews the quality of the Visitors Centres which appear to be excellently equipped and staffed by uniformy friendly and helpful people. Dawson Creek was to prove no exception to the rule.

I was enjoying myself even before I popped in as the Centre is housed in the old Northern Alberta Railway building and it is no secret amongst those that know me that I do love anything to do with railways. I do not know when it was decommissioned or indeed what state of repair it got into but it has been either lovingly maintained or refurbished.

I was attended to by the very friendly staff here and I got a couple of extemely useful (and free) leaflets. I also had a look round the very well-stocked gift shop although I did not buy anything.

Whilst the exterior has been maintained in the original state the interior has been beautifully modernised with some delightful wood panelling a notable feature. Although I was walking I noticed there is ample parking adjacent which I presume is a throwback the the original function of the building and there are public washrooms available. It also appears to be accessible with ramped access.

There is also a large old military tent in the grounds which they use for housing various activities for children and harks back to the days of the building of the Alaskan Highway. I am sure the youngsters love it.

It is definitely worth dropping by here preferably at the beginning of your visit to Dawson Creek and slightly unusually you can do this any time of year as it is not seasonal like so many Visitor Centres in smaller places. I suppose a City this size can support it.

Daily hours are 0800 - 1830, seven days a week.

Check Dawson Creek Hotel Deals