David Burke's Primehouse

Chicago, Illinois
David Burke's Primehouse - Chorizo whipped potatoes
David Burke's Primehouse - Glad we chose Primehouse!
David Burke's Primehouse - Chocolate hazelnut creme brulee with coffee ice cream
David Burke's Primehouse - Filet with bearnaise sauce...forgot to take the pic when they set it down!! Lol
David Burke's Primehouse - Our set-up for dinner in the lounge
David Burke's Primehouse - Arugula salad with truffled smoked tomatoes, pine nuts and goat cheese fondue
David Burke's Primehouse - Our waitress, Katie. :)

David Burke's Primehouse Chicago Reviews

MartinFinigan MartinFi…
Stupendous steak Aug 29, 2010
I had a great steak here in August 2010. The restaurant sits on the ground floor of The James Hotel.

The service was great and the steak amazing. I had the 40 day aged rib eye. I have had steaks all round the world, but this one was up there in my top three of all time! They also do very nice salads, for either a stater, or if you do not like meat.

Three courses with wine worked at at about $100. Not cheap, but well worth a special treat.

I suggest you make a reservation particularly on Fridays/Saturdays.
Flyinhigh Flyinhigh
Great Steak and Atmosphere Aug 15, 2009
I went to Primehouse on a Saturday evening. The restaurant was very busy and the bar scene was hip and fun. Because we hadn't made a reservation, we dined in the lounge area. This is not ideal as the tables are low to the ground (coffee table height).

The service was impeccable. We didn't have to wait very long before our waitress, Katie, greeted us. She returned promptly with the wine list and menus. The wine list is extensive with wines from all over the world and at all price ranges.

We ordered a bottle of wine and snacked on the crispy bread sticks with spicy chili oil that are brought to each table. To start, we shared an arugula salad that was incredible; as well, it was nicely split in the kitchen for us. An unexpected pleasure was the individual made-to-order popovers that we received with our salads.

I then had a filet as my main course accompanied by bearnaise sauce and chorizo whipped potatoes. My sister had the 40-day aged ribeye. My steak was incredible, as were the potatoes too.

Amazingly, it was not uncomfortable to sit like we were to eat dinner and we weren't wanting it to end. We decided to share a dessert and settled on the chocolate hazelnut creme brulee. We weren't crazy about this dessert, but the rest of the meal was fantastic!

For a great steak in a hip, cool setting I would definitely recommend this restaurant.
Glad we chose Primehouse!
Our set-up for dinner in the lounge
Arugula salad with truffled smoked…
Filet with bearnaise sauce...forgo…
tristarevents says:
Great Review! Good pics, Making me hungry, now I must go eat!

Posted on: Oct 10, 2009