TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 703,373 travelers just like you!

Award: Critic IIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Hometown: Nevada, USA
Location: Batam, Indonesia
Website: travelphotosbydave.shutterfly…
Join Date: January 24, 2017
Contributions: DaveSwede has shared 1 photo, left 244 comments, and smiled 125 times.
Travel Plans
Suzhou, China
Apr 9, 2018 – May 18, 2018
I will be just outside of Suzhou, more specifically in Zhiangiangang. It will be my 4th visit to here, so will be looking to explore on weekends to places like Suzhou, Nanjing, Shanghai, etc.
Edmonton, Canada
Jun 1, 2018 – Mar 31, 2019
I'm 99% likely going to be moving back to Edmonton for the second half of 2018 and possibly 1Q of 2019. I know the area well, but am always up for exploring around.
Sipadan, Malaysia
Oct 13, 2018 – Oct 21, 2018
Will be returning to Malaysia for some diving and warm weather fun. May possibly explore a bit more of Borneao before or after this time.
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, Spanish, Portuguese, French (a little out of practice)
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Way too many to mention! A Chinese jail, hitchhiking in Turkey, road trips through the deserts, touching a great white shark, seeing the northern lights while camping, many earthquakes, two avalanches, sleeping on the ice in Antarctica, kayaking south of the Antarctic Circle... the list goes on.
While I have a wealth of travel related information and anecdotes, I may not have much posted here. I was an avid contributor to VT website for +12yrs - writing on more than 80 countries and 1000 locations - but the website was closed. Mustering that amount of writing again may take a long while. So what I post here from my travels are merely a sampling of the adventures I've had.
yasuyo says:
Thank you for the smile on my blog entry:)
Posted on: Mar 21, 2018
love4nature says:
thanks Dave! you've got some great pictures! happy travels!
Posted on: Mar 20, 2018
ys484 says:
Congrats on your MHHR award! Thanks for the smile on my review. I'll add the photos later. Please check it up again :)
Posted on: Mar 18, 2018