Davanti

Davanti - In Davanti

Davanti Tynemouth Reviews

Toonsarah Toonsarah
Friendly Italian Nov 23, 2017
This is a smart Italian restaurant in what seems to be a converted chapel or parish school on Front Street. From the start we were impressed by the friendly welcome we got on our arrival, and that good impression continued throughout the evening. It was very busy on a Saturday night and we hadn't made a reservation but luckily they had a no-show and we got a good table in the lighter front part of the building.

We chose to share a couple of starters (although had we known we were going to be brought some nice bread with two tasty spreads ‘on the house’, we might have only gone for one starter). These were a couple of delicious arancini with mozzarella filling and a grilled goats cheese bruschetta – both delicious. My main course choice was tagliatelli with a wild mushroom and bacon sauce. This was also good, though I found the sauce almost too rich after a while. Chris had linguine Bolognese which he enjoyed a lot. We had no room for dessert (unsurprisingly after those starters) but even so the bill of £38.90, which included a large glass of wine for me and pint for Chris, was impressively low for such a good meal and great service. If I lived in Tynemouth I would be a regular here I am sure!

There is also a branch of Davanti’s at the Metro station, in the old station building. Some websites indicate that the one on Front Street is for takeaway meals only but that is no longer the case – it is definitely a lively and stylish restaurant.
In Davanti
Bread and spreads
Starters
Tagliatelli with wild mushroom and…

Check Tynemouth Hotel Deals