Darna Village Beach Hotel

Darna Village Beach Hotel Aqaba Reviews

itravel1 itravel1
Quiet hotel on the beach May 17, 2013
~Dec 2012

Recommended by my friends in Wadi Rum. I think because I enjoyed my stay in the desert they thought I needed more down time. Again tourist times are very slow but other than 3 others the place is empty.

At 20JD, a private room with full ensuite, pool, and beach across the street(25 meters) no one should complain. For me it was a little far from town, about 10 km, but I think there is bus service and taxis. I got there just before noon and not knowing where I would be, I was unprepared. There are no shops, stores of any kind, just two other hotels. No beer, no beer, three days in a desert and I'm out and I can't have a beer, Mikey no happy!

The room was clean and nice, had fresh towels, soaps, etc. The staff was courteous but not too interested in the lone male but rather the three female guests that occupied the pool area. I paid for the night which included breakfast but really was not feeling the solitude so I called a taxi and caught the ferry(just a few km up the road) to Nuweiba Egypt that night. The owner was concerned about my early departure and asked if there was anything he could do, but I told him I jut needed the place for a nap, shower, and recharge.

The public beach is directly in front so you have nice views and some twenty different dive sites within walking distance. There is a little stand at the beach offering tea, cigarettes etc.

I would rather be closer to town but for those that do not want all the noise this is just far and close enough. Great for families and couples and those that just want to read by the pool.
pool at night
room
bathroom
room

Darna Village Beach Hotel Overview

Opened in April 2009, Darna Village is the newest Aqaba hostel on South Beach.

Darna means 'our home' in Arabic and that's exactly how we would like you to feel when you stay with us: at home.

Our family-run hostel offers comfortable double rooms overlooking the Red Sea, a restaurant serving the most delicious seafood and a dive center where you can arrange your dives and rent snorkel gear.

Amongst all Aqaba hostels and dive villages at South Beach, Darna Village is located closest to the sea. The beach is right across the road, you can enjoy the seaview from your window.

In-house restaurant offering wide range of seafood and chicken meals, soups,salads, snacks and non-alcoholic drinks.

Darna Village Beach Hotel Amenities

• Air Conditioned
  • Non-Smoking Rooms
  • Safe-Deposit Box
  • Desk
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower