Darioush Winery

www.darioush.com - (707) 257-2345

Darioush Winery Napa Reviews

williamsworld williams…
The Quintessential Wine Experience Jan 02, 2011
Without a doubt, Darioush is one of the most impressive wineries that I have visited in awhile. Fortunately, I found this gem completely out of sheer luck for me. Actually, my friend Julien discovered it and I believe it was a great find!

In order to get to the actual structure where the wine tasting is held, you first have to drive up a long roadway that leads up to it. This road is pretty fantastic because you get a really nice view of the sprawling gardens that surround the entire winery.

Once we entered the parking lot, I was instantly mesmerized by the architecture of the building. Wow! It strongly resembled something that you would see in one of the European countries. Perhaps Italy? Greece? Although some people may find the place a bit garish, I personally think it is absolutely beautiful, especially the Grecian columns. How bizarre is it that this kind of architectural beauty was implanted in Napa Valley of all places? I heard some people ask if they were trying to create a Las Vegas in the valley. I thought that was quite funny, but I hoped that is not the intentions of winery owners. This place is truly a one of a kind winery.

I also really liked the interior of the building. It was stylish and chic yet had a warm vibe to it. There is an area with a really warm wood burning fireplace and lounge chairs for you to sit on while you enjoy your glasses of wine. It is quite picturesque.

In terms of the actual wine tasting, it is $25/person. Some might think the price is a bit steep but I think it is pretty fair because the pours were very generous, and I do mean generous. Out of all the pourers, all dressed in black, we were directed to Rick... he had no idea what he was about to get himself into.... poor guy. We stood up at the bar and told him we were industry and he gave us a complimentary tasting as well as a good long look at the business card... and the tasting began The wines were great. My favorite from the variety of wines that I tried was definitely the 2007 Cabernet followed by the 2007 Cab Franc, but I ended up purchasing the 2007 Duel – Cab/Shiraz for under $50. Although they had a couple of whites, I wasn’t very up on the Chardonnay, but the Viognier was gorgeous.

If you get an opportunity, you may ask to be walked to the stairs that lead downstairs. I have heard and saw on line, absolutely wonderful place to experience.

I highly recommend checking out Darioush if you are going wine tasting in Napa Valley. It is such a unique looking place that it is worth visiting at least once.
That beautiful ride up to the wine…
Julien is so happy to be here
Can you see me there
Looks so Beautiful
williamsworld says:
I was lucky that we didn't have to pay for it, but it is a good price for the generous pours
Posted on: Jan 06, 2011
Africancrab says:
Only $25 for the tasting, great price.
Posted on: Jan 05, 2011
williamsworld says:
Thanks, I was very lucky that I didn't even have to pay this amount to enjoy all the good wine. They also give you a bottle of Voss water and pistacheo nuts
Posted on: Jan 04, 2011