Dar Zaman

29 Derb Bouelilou, Marrakech, Morocco
Dar Zaman - our room
Dar Zaman - the balcony of our room
Dar Zaman - lovely hot terrace!

Dar Zaman Rates and Deals

Dar Zaman Marrakech Reviews

meghanmc meghanmc
Riad Dar Zaman, Marrakech Feb 28, 2008
I have to agree with the other reviews of this hamlet in bustling Marrakech...it's a cozy, quiet, friendly place with excellent food and great hospitality. Peter, the owner, makes sure you feel like you're at home. He'll chat with you about your day, help you make plans, give you helpful hints about getting around and things to see. After a long day, it's so relaxing to come home to this haven and lounge on the rooftop terrace (alone or with fellow guests) or in your cozy room.

Peter mentioned that he'd like to see more Americans visit Morocco, so you guys, get over there! It's a really cool place, and while you're enjoying all Marrakech has to offer, make sure you set down your suitcases at Dar Zaman!
mayerel mayerel
Safe, quiet, comfortable get away in the midst of chaos! Feb 26, 2008
Peter is now my friend, Dar Zaman is now my second home. It made our trip even more special and incredible!

As we walked into Dar Zaman we were blown away by the cleanliness, comfort and charm of this place. After a day of running around, feeling a little dirty and beaten down, this place was the perfect sanctuary. Whether you take breakfast on the terrace or just lay up there to read, it's so peaceful! Take a dinner with Fatima, talk to Peter about plans, it truly is one of the best places I've ever stayed!
nanie05 says:
What a pretty place!!
Posted on: Mar 05, 2010
zgzig zgzig
Dec 15, 2007
I stayed at this riad for 5 nights in November 2007 with my boyfriend. It was divine, a little haven of peace in the crazy bustle of Marrakech. Peter, the owner, is English and was extremely helpful from the first contact with making the reservation and later helping us with planning excursions and also recommending restaurants etc in Marrakech.

The riad is like a small palace, with lots of columns and arches. We stayed in the room that has a balcony overlooking the patio. The room was gorgeous, really comfortable and clean, with fresh linens and towels. The nights were a bit cold in Marrakech, but the room had an electric heater that took away the chill.

The terrace was great, it's a sun trap, so even when it's chilly on the patio, up on the terrace it's really hot. Breakfast was a feast! Fatima, the wonderful cook, lays out a spread every morning of croissants, crepes, yoghurt and orange juice. We had dinner one night at the riad in front of the fire, a quail tagine with apricots which was incredible - far better than the special meal we'd treated ourselves to at a lovely Moroccan restaurant the night before (and much less expensive!).

We highly recommend this riad for everything - the only downside is they don't accept credit cards, so you must pay in cash, but no big deal.
the balcony of our room
lovely hot terrace!
our room
the sitting room
mayerel says:
My girlfriends and I will be staying here in February! It's great to hear you loved it!
Posted on: Jan 17, 2008