Dar Seffarine

Check Fez Hotel Deals

Dar Seffarine Fez Reviews

halilee halilee
Stunning Riad, amazing staff! Apr 16, 2014
This riad is beautiful, with gorgeous main sitting areas, an upstairs breakfast terrace, a garden supper area, and each room different from each other in traditional Moroccan style. The first morning we sleep in past breakfast and Mohamed is sweet enough to make us a late breakfast regardless. We actually become friends with Mohamed and invite him out to a fusi dance that evening after having spent a couple hours visiting with him over tea.

We do have one supper here and it consisted of several appetizer dish and a main meal of chicken with dessert after. Alcohol is also available here. The menu is set and 200 dh / person. It is served at a couple of big tables which is nice for mingling with others.

The owner , Allah, was very hospitable as was all of the staff.

My room had a sitting area , bedroom, as well as bathroom with shower. Only downside was when I tried to shower in the morning, I either didn't have hot water or only for a minute or two tops, however the 1st night I showered in the evening, I did have plenty of hot water. Wifi was in he central area only but even then we did find it quite patchy.

I would definitely recommend this riad!
Central communal area
Main bedroom
bathroom
sitting area in our room
baidanbi baidanbi
Apr 05, 2013
Dar Seffarine is a gorgeous old house off of Place Seffarine. The 700 year old structure, with dizzyingly high ceilings off a central courtyard, is beautifully restored. Charming worn tiled floors and doors remind you that this is the real deal. Bedrooms are large but bathrooms are tiny and may not be suitable for those needing a lot, or really, any bathroom-counter space. The Wifi connection, however, did work in our room.

The first week in April, after some heavy rains, we and some of the other guests had problems with mosquitos that made sleeping at night difficult. The next morning, one young woman’s face was covered in bites.

Dinners are served family style in the roof-top dining room. Started with a vegetable soup followed by an assortment of small plates – fava beans, a smoky eggplant and tomato spread and potato fritters; and a chicken tagine with prunes and apricots. Some of the best food we’ve tasted in Morocco. Conversation between guests flows freely in the convivial atmosphere.

Breakfast is also served family style. An impressive selection of mostly bread products and fruit plates, accompanied by jams, butter, eggs and processed cheese. Big thermoses of hot coffee, tea and milk complete the spread.
Courtyard
Breakfast
Breakfast
monky says:
Congrats on your featured review!:D
Posted on: May 14, 2013
halilee says:
YAY!!! Congrats on your featured review Debbie!! :D
Posted on: May 14, 2013
halilee says:
I LOVE the looks of this place!! That room is to absolutely die for!!!
Posted on: May 01, 2013