Dar Jameel

Dar Jameel - The lofted rooftop level
Dar Jameel - the third story with a glass floor
Dar Jameel - An seating area in the downstairs area
Dar Jameel - The lofted rooftop level
Dar Jameel - The second story (a view of the outside of our room)
Dar Jameel - Roof-top terrace
Dar Jameel - Our room

Dar Jameel Rates and Deals

Dar Jameel Tangier Reviews

snobordrchic snobordr…
Beautiful Hostel in Old Town Morocco Aug 28, 2007
This was one of the most extravagant hostels I have ever stayed in. And believe me, I have stayed in my fair share of hostels!! This hostel is located in Tangier, Morocco (difficult to find hostels in, for those of you who HAVE looked). Its located in the Old Town which is why its a bit cheaper, however it makes up for its location. Located close to the port (within walking distance), but you should take a taxi due to the confusing and winding roads in Old Town (but make sure the drivers don't rip you off!!).

The hostel manager was extremely accommodating, who offered to show us around so we weren't lost on the first day. He made sure we had everything we wanted, personally served us for breakfast (which is included in the price, and VERY worth getting up to eat, its delicious!!) he constantly checked up on us while we were there (but not in an annoying way, in a very endearing way). He made us tea while we would read up on the roof at night; and he always made conversation with us while we were in the hostel.

The inside of the hostel itself is classic Arabian architecture, and extremely beautiful. There are mosaics decorating each wall, as well as the classic carved doorways for each entryway. There is also an incredible roof area to chill out on. There is a normal roof at the same level as the surrounding rooftops, which has tables, etc to sit at. However, there is another level to the rooftop; there is lofted level that was created to be above its surroundings and to create a relaxing area to rest in at the end of the day. Here you will find white pillowed couches surrounding the entire room, with green and blue tinted windows to create amazing colors within the room. If you open the windows it seems as if the breeze has been controlled to be at the perfect temp. There is a CD player and a small collection of CD's and tapes to listen to while you overlook the entire city. At the allocated times throughout the day, if you are up on the roof you can clearly hear the chants that are projected throughout the city. I have to say, this lofted area alone was one of the most relaxing and beautiful places I've ever experienced.

In conclusion, I highly recommend this hostel; although the location isn't as desirable as a location in the New Town, it is completely worth it to stay at this classic hostel with superb service.
The lofted rooftop level
Our room
The second story (a view of the ou…
The lofted rooftop level
peace4everybody peace4ev…
You-won't-believe-you-pay-so-little Palace Aug 27, 2007
Upon first entering, I couldn't believe that we had found this place online just a few days before. All five floors (including roof-top terrace and closed roof-top lounge) were immaculately clean and absolutely beautiful. Every wall was covered in hand-made tile, and the light scent of insence floated up the inner courtyard. The enormou bed my sister and I shared was more than enough for two people, with incredibly comfortable linens which you could or could ask not to have cleaned every day.

Quiet and private, yet still in the heart of Medina, the older side of Tangier, this hostel provided the best of two worlds. Heading up to the rooftop to hear the sounds of the city, or to listen to the prayer calls, or reading quietly in the cooler patio, Dar Jameel had everything.

Also, the fact that our stay came with breakfast every morning was a huge plus. Fresh-squeezed orange juice (with seeds!!), mint tea, Moroccan flat bread with delicious sauces, fresh fruit bought at local marekts, it was just too good to be true! And! you could take whatever you didn't finish with you!!

The caretaker, a lovely middle-aged man, and his wife and daughter were the only people there, besides the occasional traveler for day-stays while we were there, but then again, we were in Morocco during a lull in tourist season.

I highly, highly recommend Dar Jameel if ever ou plan on going to Morocco!
Roof-top terrace
The entrance to our bedroom!

Check Dar Jameel Rates and Deals