Dapur Sunda Jakarta Reviews
Jan 11, 2008
Dapur Sunda is one among only a few restaurant in Indonesia which actually has their own website. And more amazingly, their website is quite complete and user friendly c/w the pictures of each dish!. They have more than 20 branches of restaurant all over Jakarta and once selected as Jakarta Restaurant Favourite by a fine dining magazine.
The interior is so much Sunda - sunda is a race mainly inhabits in West Part of Java, whereas other parts of Java known as Javanese, this westerner called Sundanese, although a lot of similarities between the two, but Sunda has a distict difference, such as the taste of the food is salty intead of super sweet as Javanese has, the speaks different languange and intonation. The Sundanese dishes is wellknown dur to the freshness and the usage of raw veggies.
- Gurame Goreng cobek - turned out to be a fried gouramy covered in chili paste - me, who got accustomed with chilli in many forms, was actually a little bit surprise to see the food come out as well:). cost ~ 7USD for 500gr gouramy
- Karedok - Sundanese salad, consist of raw long bean, beansprout, cabagge, eggplants, asian basil, and mixed in sweet peanut sauce. cost ~ 1.5USD
- Pepes tahu - soyabean, mixed with some herbs and steamed inside banana leaves. cost ~ 1USD
- Sambal Gandaria - chili paste mixed with gandaria - an exotic fruit which is now getting rare to find. The taste is freshly sour and spicy, cost ~ 1USD
- Cold Tea, refilled cost ~ 0.6USD
Only 10% tax applied
If the pictures are not good enough, I recommend you to open their website, and hey, they put the Sundanese music as the background too!
Part of the Jakarta - again! (Indonesia) travel blog
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!