Dao's Tai Pan's Restaurant

(520) 468-3383

Dao's Tai Pan's Restaurant Tucson Reviews

jenniferkimchi jennifer…
Best Pho broth in Tucson Feb 13, 2012
Dao's may not have the biggest bowl of pho or the most toppings, but it get the all important beef pho broth right. I think they have the best pho in Tucson...and their broth is reminiscent of the pho I ate in San Jose, CA (one of the biggest Vietnamese communities in the U.S.). Give them a try. Their boba and Vietnamese coffee is a perfect accompaniment. They also serve Thai and Chinese food, but I bypass those and go for what they do best, which is Vietnamese food!
Africancrab Africanc…
Excellent Vietnamese - Chinese Cuisine Feb 10, 2010
Desire and I have eaten at Dao's Vietnamese/Chinese restaurant for years. I do not know why it has taken me this long to write about it. I particularly go there for their Pork Lettuce wraps, nothing beats it (well except the one I enjoyed at the Yard House in Scottsdale last year).

Located at the crossroads of Wilmot and Broadway, this rather small and almost hidden restaurant. Previously a fast-food joint, but it has been converted into a small restaurant with quality service, they make some of the best mouth watering Vietnamese and Chinese foods. Besides the lettuce wraps, I like ordering their Salmon Coconut curry: a combination of Asian spices, curry, coconut milk, pineapple and fresh salmon slowly cooked and served over a bed of steamed rice.

Our drink of choice is BOBA, this is a delicious creamy drink made from fresh fruit with boba seeds. They offer a choice of Strawberry boba, Green apple boba, Tropical fruit boba, Mango boba,

Desire loves the rice vermicelli soup with slices of beef. Now this is a huge bowl of soup, we normally carry some back home for later. If you are in Tucson, this is a place worth visiting, you will not be disappointed. Our meal cost $18.60 for the two of us including drinks. I took the liberty to list a few of my favorite Vietnamese appetizers:

Fresh Spring rolls with fried Tofu and vegetables for $4.50

Fresh spring rolls with shrimp, pork and bean sauce for $4.50

Vietnamese Spring Rolls served with fish sauce $4.50

It is easy to find, located near St. Joseph's hospital and across from the National Bank of Arizona.

Here is what the restaurant is in a nutshell:

Cuisine: Vietnamese and Chinese

Specialty: Hot pots

Price: Moderate/ affordable ($9-$15)

Smoking : No smoking

Reservations: No reservations required

Crossroads: Broadway/ Wilmot

Hours: Sunday through Saturday 10:00 am – 8:00 pm

Payment: All major credit cards or bank cards accepted, and cash
My plate of pork lettuce wrap
Interior of restaurant