Danubius Hotel Gellert

Danubius Hotel Gellert Rates and Deals

Danubius Hotel Gellert Budapest Reviews

steph84 steph84
Spa Hotel Dec 10, 2012
The Hotel Gellért is beautifully situated on the Danube riverbank right by the Gellért Hill.

If you reserve a room with a balcony you will get to enjoy the scenic view over the river with its many bridges and beautiful lights at night.

Unfortunately, the rooms are not in the best shape and need renovation. The rest of the hotel however is very noble and the spa area and thermal bath will make up for the 'old' (yet clean) rooms.

Most parts of the spa area, such as steam rooms and thermal bath are used seperately by females and males. The swimming pool and jaccuzy are mixed.

I truly enjoyed my stay at the Gellért and would book it again any time. Using the spa area after a long day full of sightseeing, was so relaxing! They sometimes have special offers such as 3 nights for the price of 2 and unlimited admission to the spa. I also got a discount for the other two thermal baths in Budapest.

I highly recommend the hotel's breakfast buffet, it's the perfect start to the day!
Horus380 Horus380
Reasonable place in Budapest Aug 21, 2008
I booked my stay at the Gellert Hotel online after seeing the photos of the baths that are located downstairs. I had read many reviews online (mainly on Expedia) that had mentioned some negative points, however I decided that I should make up my own mind and try it for myself.

I think the location of the hotel is great, as it is far enough away from the tourist trap areas and yet still close enough to be able to get around Budapest. There is a bridge about 50m away from the hotel and across the other side of this bridge is the main shopping street of Budapest. The Palace which is on this side of the river is only a 15 minute walk away as well so i was able to cover a large area all within an easy walk from the hotel.

I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful and all the staff i spoke to understood German and English perfectly.

I was disappointed with the room however, now I only stayed in a single room so I have no idea if a double is much different. The size of the room wasn't the issue as I had plenty of space, a desk to sit at, a fridge and the usual amenities. The problem for me was the bed, it was quite hard and uncomfortable and the pillow is one of those where as soon as your head rests it becomes flat like a pancake. The biggest Issue by far however was the lack of Air conditioning. The room comes with a free standing fan which helps a little bit, however i found it far too hot to get a good nights sleep.

The other issue i had with this hotel was the lack of Internet in my room, I have stayed at around 60 hotels in my 6 months of traveling and very few do not have Internet in the rooms. There is a business center downstairs with a few internet computers however i found them to be expensive. It costs 1000 Forints for half and hour and 2000 forints for 2 hours or internet usage.

Ok, now that I have gotten all the negative things out of the way its on to the reasons why you should stay here. I paid $110 Australian dollars per night to stay here which is good value when you get breakfast in the morning and free access at anytime to the Gellert Baths downstairs.

The breakfast is the usual continental style with cereal, fruit, breads, eggs and bacon which is great.

The Baths are what make this hotel a great place to stay, included in the price of the hotel is a Bath pass that allows you entrance to the baths whenever you feel like it. I have no idea how much the cost would be for someone not staying at the hotel but I took advantage of the card as much as I could. There is a lift in the hotel that takes you directly down to the baths.

The Gellert baths has a range of services (all free for hotel guests), including an outdoor pool, indoor pool (my favourite), thermal pools, different types of Saunas and different massaging services.

so at the end of the day if you can live with an uncomfortable bed with no air conditioning for the length of your stay I would recommend this place. I enjoyed my time here and will stay here again when I return to Budapest in the future.
the bed and only source of cooling…
The outside pool
the entrance to the Baths
The indoor pool, i loved spending …

Danubius Hotel Gellert Overview

The Danubius-Gellert Hotel Budapest is located at the right bank of the Danube River. It was actually built in the early 29th century and has earned special recognition for its architecture ever since. The hotel is found near the famous Gellert Bath and the Liberty Bridge.

The Danubius-Gellert Hotel Budapest can be found at Szent Gellert Ter 1 in Budapest, Hungary.

Guests can look forward to comfortable features in their hotel rooms such as high speed Internet access, a safe deposit box and a mini bar.

The hotel offers four star services and a friendly environment. Some of the more pleasant amenities include a business center for traveling businesspersons, an onsite restaurant, a swimming pool, a massage and beauty center. When it comes to extra incentives, not only are pets allowed, but the hotel also offers free breakfast to all visitors. A security guard is on staff to ensure safety.

Danubius Hotel Gellert Amenities

• Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Steam Bath
  • Beauty Salon
  • Facial Treatments
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes