Danny Bhoy

Melbourne, Australia

Danny Bhoy Melbourne Reviews

Chelsea Chelsea
Apr 25, 2007
I really want to write a glowing review about Danny from Scotland. But a review that's a little bit inbetween will have to suffice.

I love Danny - really, he's just the kind of guy your grandma would love: funny, cute, and honest. In a way, I wonder if this is his pitfall. Because there's nothing much funnier than an ugly, awkward guy, whom you'd never want to introduce to you grandma, and whose only hope in life is to make a living out of being laughed at - not Danny, in other words.

Danny was funny but we can't deny that his show's success was helped by the fact that he's easy on the eyes and has an accent to die for.

At the Melbourne Comedy Festival last year, I went to see a local guy perform. This year, seeing Danny Bhoy, who is from Scotland, was kind of refreshing. It's always interesting to hear about the country you live in from a comedian's point-of-view, and he'd obviously done his research. He knew that to a Melburnian, the quality of Ballarat's theatres are worthy of a laugh, even without him falling off them (yes, he really did fall off the stage - he would have fallen into the arms of the people in the front row if there hadn't been an orchestra pit in the way); and he knew that he'd get free sniggers every time he mentioned Tasmania. He also opened our eyes to a lot of things we don't even think about: like why being called a 'funny c*nt' is a compliment, and why Mr Speaker is often the person who speaks the least!

Once Danny's Australian jokes waned, he went on to talk about the English, the Scottish, and the French. And then, he went on all kinds of tangents: he spoke about cats, his elderly neighbour, and his disdain for hip-hop music videos. But I have to say, his Australian jokes were definately the highlight.

Let's face it, Danny's shows would have sold out even if all he did on the stage was speak jibberish - all he had to do was walk onto the stage and everyone was in a fit of laughter! I know nothing about making people laugh, but it seems to be easier when you've already got a reputation that precedes you.

But he satisfied that reputation, and to all who are thinking of seeing Danny in the future, please, welcome him with open arms - especially if you're in the front row.
Chelsea says:
hehe! :D
Posted on: Jul 28, 2008
Marius1981 says:
danny bhoy rulz!
Posted on: Jul 27, 2008
eejot says:
I hate Perth... we have no comedy festival and not even a fringe festival to speak of :/ ..Steven K Amos was good on the Gala, don't remember if Danny was on or not this year.. My memory is fading with age :D
Posted on: May 25, 2007