Daniel Thibaut

Waimea, Hawaii

Daniel Thibaut Waimea Reviews

sirenn9 sirenn9
Aug 07, 2007
I ate at this restaurants a couple of years ago, when one of my close friends started working there are the pastry chef. I was lucky to sample several things from the menu, since the desserts were all complimentary since my friend worked there. This was fortunate considering I wouldn't have been able to afford to try so many things since this restaurant was on the pricey side. This restaurant is a favorite for celebrieties visiting the Big Island, including Al Gore and several other politicians.

The decor is pretty cool. The restaurant itself is located in what resembles a Hawaiian plantation house. The decor is a cross between classic country-style and vintage Hawaiiana. The food is French-Asian fusion, with hints of traditional Hawaiian flavors here and there.

Something I remember having really enjoyed were the crispy avocado spring rolls with smoked tomatoes and green salad. This was an entree on the menu, but it seemed a lot mroe like an appetizer. It was delciious, though and it left me craving more. I wasn't willing to spend another $19.50 on it, though.

The cream of butternut squash soup with garlic herb creme fraiche was extremely tasty too, and one of the more affordable ways to sample the great cuisine at this resturant..

I don't remember the other food I tried, but I do remember that the desserts are totally worth the price because they are all great and the portions are all very generous.

Check Waimea Hotel Deals