Daniel Boone Native Gardens

651 Horn in the West Drive, Boone, NC, USA

Daniel Boone Native Gardens Reviews

vances vances
Daniel Boone had a plant, yes a big plant May 21, 2016
Looking back on my visit to the Daniel Boone Native Gardens, I confess a stray hope my photography is improving. I usually detest my snaps, but this three acre preserve was unspectacular and for once I feel my pictures presented it better than live experience.

Despite dropping by on a lovely Saturday afternoon, not a soul beyond me was to be seen. There is a small, unattended gatehouse advertising the $2 entrance fee and I obliged the honor system. I began exploring with the first impression being that somebody should weed the planting beds. The flowers were drought stricken and rendered even more unappealing by numerous uninvited guests.

Really was a shame, because there was a solid attempt to capture noteworthy local flora. The neglect proved poisonous to my appreciation, despite encountering some well-presented structures and the tasteful Fern Garden. Among the structures were a water well and a log cabin from the 1800’s (named to suggest it might have been the abode of Daniel Boone’s father), which had been relocated from nearby mountains, according to accompanying placards.

Several lovely spots to the attraction and not a waste of time should you find yourself in Boone. Unfortunately, a lack of upkeep mars what could be a wonderful garden.
Welcome to Daniel Boone Gardens!
Water well at Daniel Boone Gardens
A lovely day and some lovely spots…
Pretty arbor pathway...thought the…
vances says:
I agree, Bill. My impression was the vast majority of "volunteers" here were the green and leafy type!

:^)
Posted on: Aug 23, 2016
Zagnut66 says:
Some of these places rely on volunteers for the gardening. They might need a few more here.
Posted on: Aug 22, 2016