Danhostel Copenhagen Downtown

Danhostel Copenhagen Downtown Rates and Deals

Danhostel Copenhagen Downtown Reviews

nat80 nat80
Nice but expensive, but so is CPH in general! Jun 07, 2011
Stayed here while at the Distortion Music Festival in June 2011. While aesthetically the hostel is nice enough and the location is very good, I don't think it really provides value for money. As a HI site, if you don't have membership there's an extra nightly charge and if you don't have your own linen there's also an extra charge, meaning my stay worked out at £25/night for a 10 bed dorm. The most I've ever paid for a hostel I think! Some friends of mine where staying elsewhere, paying much less and had equally good facilities. Shop around!
dearjohn dearjohn
Clean and close to the Central Station BUT Dec 27, 2010
Copenhagen is a great city, but the hostel pickings are seemingly slim. After much research I settled on Danhostel Copenhagen City.

The hostel has many of the things backpackers crave: clean rooms and bathrooms, comfy beds, solid laundry facilities, a cafe, internet (pay by minute), and common areas with televisions. The location is only a few minutes from the Central Station, Tivoli, Stroget, and is practically next door to the Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek.

However, I had two problems with Danhostel:

1) They lure you in with lower room rates only to charge you an arm and a leg in "extras" such as bedding, expensive internet, and a mandatory HI membership.

2) The atmosphere is more like a hotel. Vacationing families make up a substantial portion of the crowd here. I have nothing against families, but the hostel feeling suffers. The common area in the lobby was not great for meeting other backpackers either and I was there during the World Cup. Luckily I had some cool roommates.

If I return to Copenhagen I will probably seek out the only other decently rated hostel, Sleep In Heaven, or try something else off the beaten path of the internet. Couchsurfing maybe?
In Roskilde, a short train ride no…
Viking Ship Museum in Roskilde.
Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek
Your guess is as good as mine.
Noetsjie says:
Hey John,I am blessed to had the change of a lifetime to meetsome nice and friendly people I met on the internet in Roskilde. I was invited and I stayed there 1 week in Roskilde. It was nice they showed me Roskilde and Copenhagen and they letted me teast all kinds of Danish food. So 1 tip if you go again to Denmark, if you have the possibility to stay at some friendsplace do it and enjoy the hospitallity and their food :)

Greetingz Noetsjie
Posted on: Feb 22, 2011
ahintofvanilla says:
Good review John! Should be useful if and when I head to Copenhagen sometime in the future!
Posted on: Dec 28, 2010
dark-phoenix dark-pho…
Oct 05, 2010
I find it hard to give an unbiased review of this hotel. Purely because of their 'hidden' charges for EVERYTHING.

Things they charged for off the top of my head are; Internet, lockers, linen, paying by credit card, bogus memberships. And they aren't cheap either.

The hotel itself is in a nice quiet area about 2 minutes from the train station, the rooms are quite clean, but i wouldn't recommend anyone to stay at this hotel unless money was no object to you. If you're on a budget, look elsewhere!
Amias Amias
Hotel like Hostel, Apr 24, 2009
DO NOT BOOK THROUGH EXTERNAL WEBSITES SUCH AS HOSTELWORLD unless you are a member already - or the price quoted is rather different than the one given at check in.

ALSO LINEN IS NOT INCLUDED in the price. and not cheap.

This is quite a nice place very clean, more like a hotel than a hostel and one will find many families checking in next to the backpackers. Less of the hostel atmosphere as well.

The rooms are nice with ensuite however with 10 Girls to one bathroom ( including WC) timing is the key.

The lifts ( whilst its nice to have lifts)can take forever to arrive and are then usually full so be patient... or come and go at odd times

The location is quite good a little out of the "downtown" area but very close to everything.

The view from the rooms is quite something I was on the 14th floor overlooking the whole city and Tivoli Gardens great view.

The Beer in the bar is probably the cheapest you'll find and its a pleasant atmosphere.

Not an ideal place for single travellers but certainly a great place for groups or familys or couples in private rooms...

Would recommend this hostel but be mindful of the hidden catches ont eh prices when booking.

Copenhagen however is a must see destination
Eric says:
Thanks for the hotel review and welcome to TravBuddy!
Posted on: Apr 24, 2009
LilBro LilBro
Nice hostel in the middle of Copenhagen City Mar 09, 2008
If you want to stay at a nice hotel in the middle of Copenhagen City and also want to have some money left for sightseeing, then I would recommend Danhostel Copenhagen City as the place to stay. This hostel is placed right next to The Copenhagen Central Station (København Hovedbanegård), Strøget (the longest pedestrian shopping area in Europe according to Wikipedia), Tivoli and lots of museums and historical buildings. Most of these things are in an walking distance of 15 min from the hostel.

The prices at this hostel are from cheap to average, depending on how much luxury you want to have. The prices are for the bedrooms only, but for an extra price you can get food, bed linen, towels and other stuff (the bed linen and towels you can also bring yourself to make it even cheaper:))

You can go as a singel person, family or in a group. I would recommend you to go in a group, since this will maybe help making your stay a bit cheaper, and it would also make it more fun :) I've been to this hostel twice and both times in a group. Both time where just as nice, and I would most definitely go there again in the future :)

If you want to check it out some more, then you can go to their webpage: http://www.dgi-byen.com/hotels/danhostel_copenhagen_city/ where all the infomations are in both Danish and English.
wellszac18 wellszac…
Apr 20, 2007
I went to this youth hostel last year with 3 of my friends, for a youth hostel I thought it was very good!

It was also very cheap especially for Denmark!

This hostel had good security , you had a card that you had to use to get into the lift and then the card was the key for your room. This was also a family friendly hostel, when I was there there were many young families.

The hostel is also in the middle of the city so you can get everywhere from there and it's only a 15-20mins walk to the little mermaid!

There were four in my room and you have a ensuit with it which is very nice, and the beds were very comfortable! And from my room there was a great view of the main street.

There is a community kitchen for everyone to use this was very good, I would reccomend bringing your own food as it will be cheaper! There was a good feeling of community and everyone got on well.

As you go in there is a nice lounge area with computers you can use for about 50p

There is a dinning room but I never went there for food, but it smelt good.

If you are going to copenhagen I would definitely reccomend this place.
krysleigh says:
I stayed there, too, while I was living in DK! It was more of a hotel than a hostel, but that's Denmark for you!
Posted on: Apr 20, 2007

• Bicycle Rental
  • Excursions
  • Dart Board
  • Ticket Service
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shared Bathroom