Dangau Hotel Singkawang

Check Singkawang Hotel Deals

Dangau Hotel Singkawang Reviews

arianna88 arianna88
Dangau Hotel Singkawang Apr 03, 2013
Dangau Hotel is new hotel in Singkawang city, a small border city between Indonesia and Sarawak, Malaysia. Singkawang city is 3 hours from Pontianak, the capital of West Borneo.

Dangau Hotel is located at the central of Singkawang city with big buildings and wide garden. The garden is like a resort but still with big building rather than separated cottages. The lobby is clean, wide and looks new for the furniture. The staffs give me warm greetings and assistance to reach the room. All staffs are nice and polite. I can feel it. I remember that maybe it is a type of nice Singkawang people that known as very friendly people, combined Melayu, Dayak and Chinese ethnics here.

Borneo’s weather in March is usually hot temperature. I have prepared all cotton clothes to make sure I am still comfortable walking around the city. Fortunately when I came to Singkawang on March, the rain comes over the hot cloud of Borneo. Lucky me, in the morning I can get haze coloring gloomy wild forest in front of my room.

My luck, I have a good view from my room. The scenery is gorgeous. I can see typical scenery of Borneo. Yes, a wild forest! There is a small hill from the balcony that becomes beautiful wild forest scenery. I also can see wide garden and slide pool for kids around the garden. If I don’t have a tight scheduled in the morning, off course I will try the pool .

I got a deluxe room with a single bed. The room is clean and wide. I like it. The bathroom is also clean with a standard warm and cold shower and hair dryer. It is important for me especially in the city with quite high temperature. TV cable and wifi connection are available. A good wifi connection, I guess it is important point for a traveler ;-). Over all the room is good and clean. However, at that time, the hotel had a problem with the automatic card key. I still can open the door from inside the room but just can’t enter the room from outside. I have to always call the bell boy to open the door from outside. Just one day problem, the hotel staff said. As I only have one day in the hotel, one day only problem becomes my whole problem hahahah

The breakfast room is designed to see the wide garden, so we can have wide shoot to enjoy the garden. The breakfast menu is a simple local taste provided with fried rice, fried chicken, scramble eggs, juice and fruits. I can see it seems simple service compared with this big and beautiful scenery of this hotel. I would like to give comment to the hotel owner that they have to improve the food as I know lot of delicious local food in Singkawang a combined Chinese and Indonesian food.

Over all, this hotel seems designed to become a great choice for meeting, seminar and training. They have a lot of big seminar or class room, with a lot of rooms. It is also good for outdoor training and family gathering as the hotel has wide beautiful garden. Good recommendation for having a local seminar and family gathering.

If you like night life, Singkawang city gives various type of entertainment. The most well known entertainment is karaoke  for local people. Others?, I just heard it a lot but not check it in details .

I like the local traditional way to enjoy coffee there in warung kopi, with a special Singkawang coffee. Love it. Over all I really enjoy Singkawang. Have fun and enjoy Singkawang ! 
a wild forest hill in Singkawang
slide pool for family
a wide garden in front of breakfas…
cicie says: