Daneil et Denise

www.daniel-et-denise.fr - +33(0)4 78 60 66 53

Daneil et Denise Lyon Reviews

spocklogic spocklog…
A small gem in service and flavor Jul 06, 2008
I found this restaurant by chance as it happened to be near my hotel. I saw two or three other larger restaurants nearby. I debated and decided to try this smaller, more intimate 'Daniel et Denise'. I was really happy with my choice. The staff went out of their way to explain the menu to me. I appreciate that always as I am not multilingual. I have to say - Wow! The crepe dish with shrimp, covered in a creamy sauce was heavenly delicious. I am not a food critic, but it was one of the best things I ever ate. This seems a small family run place. I went back the next evening for dinner, but was told the place was reserved for the evening. I looked inside - nobody was there. Is it possible to just... No, I am very sorry sir... So, that is a sign of a good place too. One of the nice things is that it was not very expensive (euro wise) either, for the quality and service. If you are in that area of Lyon, stop in and sample the food. I can recommend it. Be sure to reserve ahead of time on Friday and Saturday evening.
From the remnants of my visit, and…
My receipt and direction card
bernard69 says:
I had there several meals the last in September,he might cook a light and more "modern" cuisine but his customers are there for a classic one,a lil updated cuisine,my last meal in September was not perfect!but his wife is a friend:)
Posted on: Oct 17, 2011
spocklogic says:
Some fragments of paper recently fell out of a folder of scientific papers on my desk. I patched them together and took a photo (posted here). It validates Bernard's observations regarding this restaurant. Bravo!
Posted on: Oct 01, 2011
spocklogic says:
Thank you, Bernard, for the information. I feel an extra pleasure about dining there knowing I had a meal from an award winning chef. I don't know about classic, you mean in the menu? As to price, I couldn't complain and it was 30 euros for everything. Judging other places I eat in Europe, this is reasonable for the quality.
Posted on: Aug 11, 2011