Daluyon Resort

Sabang Beach, Puerto Princesa, Philippines

Compare Puerto Princesa City Hotel Rates (2.3km away)

Daluyon Resort Puerto Princesa Reviews

jaeden jaeden
Affordable beauty on the beach Feb 27, 2011
I found Daluyon through a friend and later saw it as being the best rated place in Sabang Beach. Sabang is about 2 hours away from Puerto Princesa, about a 20 minute boat ride from the entrance to the underground river (the UNESCO site).

Overall, my group had a great experience at Daluyon. There were some hiccups but for the most part, everything was wonderful.

When we booked, they were almost full so we had to settle for switching rooms in the middle of our trip. I didn't mind because they were very helpful in bringing our bags etc. Plus it gave me a chance to see another room. Our first two nights were spent in a superior room and our last two in a family suite. We were a group of six and the first two nights were much more comfortable than the last two. The family suite only had one bathroom and the living room didn't have air-conditioning. Also, the pull out sofa bed was very uncomfortable. I would consider it more a suite than a family suite. The superior suites had more room and an almost 180-degree view with all the windows. I would recommend those.

The food was good. I personally felt all the meals were excellent but some of the people in my group disagreed. For vegetarians, there are no tofu options but they are willing to modify other recipes to include egg. Breakfast on the weekend is a buffet. Our package included breakfast which was nice. We tried out the new five-star resort and it was lousy. I'm not sure if it's because it isn't fully operational yet but the service was terrible and my burger was almost burnt beyond recognition.

The staff were incredibly helpful. Special shout out to Marty our tour guide/waiter. He was the best. The resort arranged our underground river tour as well as a mangrove river tour. I didn't realize there was a cap on tourists to the underground river so it was nice to not worry about that.

If I go back to Puerto Princesa, I'll definitely try and stay at Daluyon. They had all the amenities I could hope for and it was nice to wake up every morning with an amazing view.
The family suites/standard rooms.
Our messy bed...
The view of the pool.
The walk to the beach.

Compare Puerto Princesa City Hotel Rates (2.3km away)

Daluyon Resort Map