Dalsnuten

Sandnes, Norway

Dalsnuten Sandnes Reviews

johnyb66 johnyb66
Trekking up Dalsnuten Aug 09, 2009
Although I have lived here for a few years now, I never knew of this trek up a rocky hill/small mountain called Dals nuten. I was looking for something to do before flying back later that day with my daughter, Alice to the UK. It is a few minutes drive outside of the town of Sandnes which is about 10km south of Stavanger.

Its about 150metres high although it does look further from the bottom. The walk is through some fields and up some quite rocky paths. The fields were quite water logged, even in the middle of summer, (this is Norway), but wooden planks had been placed over the worst areas. Its a fairly easy walk and accessile to all age groups and fitness levels. There is also a gravel path from the carpark to the lake so you can even take push chairs to the water.

You do not need any special clothing or footwear although it can get quite muddy and a little slippery in places. It doesnt take too long to walk up. I think we did it in about 45 minutes and that was with a 6 year old and a stroppy teenager!

We took the path to the left of the lake as you approach and then returned down the other side. I would reccomend this as it was better views from this route.

Once on top the views were spectacular. Im amazed Ive never been up here before. You get this great view all the way south from Sandnes following north to stavanger. It was very busy as the weather was so good. Al lot of people were grilling on portable bbq's. We spent quite a while up there just chilling out and taking in the amazing views.

On the way down we stopped at a small lake near the bottom and Ida and Joachim had a paddle. You then walk through a small wooded area where the were tunnels and other sculptures made from weaved branches.
View south to Sandnes.

Related Travel Blogs About Dalsnuten

Dalsnuten
Dalsnuten is hill close to Sandnes, at an altitude of around 350 meters MSI. It’s a great place for an unplanned getaway from Stavanger or Sandnes for hiking, which is suitable for all age groups a…Dalsnuten is hill close to Sandnes, at an altitude of around 350 meters MSI. It’s a great place for an unplanned…
Walking up to Dalsnuten with amazing views over Stavanger and Sandnes
Although I have lived here for a few years now, I never knew of this trek up a rocky hill/small mountain called Dals nuten. I was looking for something to do before flying back later that day wi… Although I have lived here for a few years now, I never knew of this trek up a rocky hill/small…

Check Sandnes Hotel Deals