Dallas BBQ

241 W 42nd St (between 7th Ave & 8th Ave) New York, New York, NY, USA

Dallas BBQ New York Reviews

sugarose sugarose
Hits the spot.. Nov 08, 2010
When i feel like releasing my diet I go to BBQ'S. The food is good and fairly cheap for NYC. The drinks are tasty and so is obviously the BBQ. It is a popular spot for NYC residents and you will often find its locations crowded. It is not really a date place is that what you are looking for but it is definitely a place to go if you are hungry and want to have some delicious food.

What to order(havent tried all of them but friends agree)Wings, Ribs, Cornbread(yum and only 75 cents!), Fish fry and texas size drinks are a great bargain.
HuBison says:
I disagree with everyone's love for Dallas BBQ...Fampus Dave's is waaaaay better-there's one in Times Square.
Posted on: Mar 17, 2011
freelandi says:
Yeah!!! and the Frozen Margaritas R Excellent!!!!!
Posted on: Nov 08, 2010
Transitory Transito…
Barbeque in Times Square May 23, 2009
Dallas BBQ is a chain restaurant. I have only been to the one in Times Square, which the food is consistently good.

It's typically busy, whether for special events like after proms, graduation parties, etc. or on your avg. weeknight. I think that there is also a lot of repeat customers like myself.

My fav. is the catfish platter with fries or cornbread, with cole slaw, and hush puppies.

While their BBQ doesn't quite compare to how it's done in the South (I've traveled thru most of the Southern states of the U.S.) the food is still good, and reliable. I like their frozen mixed cocktails as well.

The service is a little rushed because it IS a busy spot, and there is usually a long line to wait to be seated depending on some nights, esp. during the weekend, Fridays and Saturdays.

The prices are fairly cheap for the area, falling between a McDonald's and a reg. restaurant in Times Square/Broadway's Theater District. For 6 of us tonight, was about $20 each for a meal and frozen mixed drink.
bdxtremeone bdxtreme…
Lunch @ Dallas BBQ (23rd Street) Feb 09, 2009
This is by far one of the best place to each lunch with your co-workers if you work near midtown Manhattan. Well first off, I have to totally admit that I am very bias to any food that is barbecued so I personally loved it(in fact, that is my version of heavenly food) but this place is great for both location and atmosphere as well. It's right across the street of multiple subway stops on 23rd street and 8th avenue, it's almost always pack with fun cool people and you can even eat at the bar if you're there alone and want to interact with others.

My experiences (4) here so far have been great and the service/price is excellent so I would definitely suggest this place to anyone who wants a combination of great food, great prices, good service and an overall awesome place to grab a bite. They also deliver.

PS: that cornbread hurt my teeth a little but it was still sooo good that I kept on eating it.

Check New York Hotel Deals