Dala Horse Restaurant

(559) 897-7762

Dala Horse Restaurant Kingsburg Reviews

cotton_foam cotton_f…
Swedish Pancake House Sep 03, 2013
Dala Horse Restaurant is our favorite pancake place here in our area. We go there to enjoy Swedish pancakes. Swedish pancakes are like crepes served with butter and sprinkled with powdered sugar. They’re served huge but they are thin and light so it is easy to finish.

They also make delicious, fluffy oatmeal pancakes (which is my favorite) served with lingonberry sauce. Lingonberry has this neither sweet nor tart flavor and it adds fantastic flavor for the pancakes. The pancakes are huge I always have leftovers to box.

On our last visit my husband tried their potato sausage. It tastes good although it doesn’t look appetizing due to its pail color.

This pancake place is not a fast-food restaurant so be warned, the delivery of your food to your table may take a while. There is only one cook preparing all the orders. To me, the waiting is worth it though. Foods are all made fresh to order so you can expect it to be always fresh and hot.

The Cook I believe is also the owner of the restaurant. There is only one waitress too but she is the friendliest! Each time we go to that restaurant we’re well taken care of –from our food to coffee, dining utensils, napkins, condiments, etc.

The restaurant building is quite old but it is clean. The flowery wall paper, the simple tables and chairs and the spacious dining area gives a laid back atmosphere and a good place for family conversations.

There is a little spot where displays of little Swedish souvenir, dry Pancake Mix, Dala Horse mug, Swedish recipe book, and other knick knacks.

The restaurant is located in a small Swedish town called Kingsburg. The town is easy to access via Interstate Highway 199 if you are travelling from Sacramento to Los Angeles (or vice versa). Traffic is usually smooth in this little town. And parking is not a problem.

The restaurant is good for group dining.

A good place for breakfast or brunch.

Price range per meal is from US$5.00 to 12.00
restaurant frontage
simple tables and chairs
the menu card
waffle
Ils1976 says:
I love pancakes as well ... they are so delicious! :D
Posted on: Sep 04, 2013