Dakota Harvest Bakers

www.dakotaharvest.com - (701) 772-2100
Dakota Harvest Bakers - front door
Dakota Harvest Bakers - sweet potato sandwich and turkey wild rice soup
Dakota Harvest Bakers - roast beef on left and pumpkin soup in back
Dakota Harvest Bakers - sweet potato sandwich (no onions)
Dakota Harvest Bakers - busy busy
Dakota Harvest Bakers - big table and counter
Dakota Harvest Bakers - full tables

Dakota Harvest Bakers Grand Forks Reviews

alyssa_ob alyssa_ob
delicious artisan breads and unique sandwiches Feb 21, 2009
I walked by this bakery and noticed lots of tables and lots of people eating soup and sandwiches. Sounds good for a cold Saturday at noon so a couple of friends and I went in for lunch. This bakery has a unique menu every month. Each day of the week has 4 different sandwiches and a different soup. The weekly sandwich menu is the same all month but the soups are different every day. The menu is posted when you first walk in and on their website, along with the daily bread menu.

There were only about 4 different sandwiches available but you can get them on different breads and also toasted. I thought the sweet potato sandwich sounded interesting plus it came on a yummy looking wheat roll with grains on top. So I got that. When I went to pay I saw some delicious looking pumpkin soup on the order ahead of mine so I asked for a cup of soup as well. Hmmm, my soup wasn't orange like I was expecting so I asked what it was. It was turkey wild rice. Well, that sounded good too so I took it. I got a big sandwich, big cup of soup and can of sprite for $9, about average for lunch with huge portions.

The sandwich was delicious! The sweet potatoes were candied and had some pumpkin type spices on it. I picked off the onions. I got my sandwich cold but you could also get them toasted. My friends got theirs on sliced bread and one got roast beef. We all enjoyed our sandwiches and soups and were too full for dessert. They had some huge cookies, cheesecake, muffins and scones behind the glass case. There was also gooey caramel rolls, bread pudding, baked oatmeal, brownies and lots of other pastries.

They serve several types of vegetarian and/or vegan soups and sandwiches and have fair trade organic coffee and teas.

There are about 10 tables that seat 4, a table that seats 6-8 and a counter at the front window with about 6-8 single seats. The place was packed and there was a steady stream of people coming and going. It is a very popular lunch spot on a Saturday and it is probably busier during week days!

Here is the menu description of my sandwich:

Savory Sweet Potato (Vegetarian) — Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Roasted Onions, Olive Oil, Honey, Cinnamon, & Nutmeg on thick cut Oatmeal Whole Wheat Bread

The meal was so delicious that I wished I had discovered this place sooner! I'll have to stop by during the week to buy of loaf of that bread that my sandwich came on. Yum!

www.dakotaharvest.com
sweet potato sandwich (no onions)
sweet potato sandwich and turkey w…
roast beef on left and pumpkin sou…
full tables
bernard69 says:
very informative review and the bread seems yummy!
Posted on: Jun 18, 2009