Dako Hotel

Check Abomey Hotel Deals

Dako Hotel Abomey Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Didn´t feel safe there Apr 17, 2011
This hotel looks nice from the outside, but a disappointment on the inside. The rooms were filthy with cracks and water damages on the walls. Obviously low maintenance and terrible cleaning, or lack of it. The rooms had a small desk, AC and fan. The AC did not manage to cool down the room through the night. We turned on the AC while we went to a dance. When we came back they had turned it off.

The bathroom was small, very basic and dirty. There were hat and cold water with good pressure though. The drainage in the shower was completely plugged, which mad the bathroom floor into a swimming pool.

The hotel did have an outdoor pool, but it looked a bit old and worn down. Next to the hotel, don´t know if it was run by the hotel, was a night club called Le Moulin Rouge.

There was no internet access at the hotel.

I didn´t feel like having dinner the night we stayed there so I stayed in the room. At 9:15 pm a black guy unlocked the door and walked into my room. No knocking first! He did not say anything, just pointed into the room. I was so surprised and he scared the shit out of me, so I just screamed at him to get out. If you want to check something in a room at least have the decency to knock first. It certainly did not make me feel safe in the room. The next morning I told our tour guide about the incident. He went strait to the manager. The guy who had entered my room was also there. He said that he did not know that someone was staying in the room and that he only wanted to charge his mobile phone. Well, well, well! If that is the case, it is a strange habit that the staff uses the guests´ room for such things. Don´t they have a plug in the reception or in the office?

Dako Hotel is not a place I would recommend anyone to stay.
Dako Hotel