Daily Grill

2500 Hollywood Way Burbank, Burbank, CA, USA

Daily Grill Burbank Reviews

koticphreak koticphr…
Better than Asphalt. Jul 16, 2010
This place is the undisputed definition of mediocre. I normally goto Denny's or Panda across the street when I'm at the Marriot for seminars, but it was raining and I decided to stay dry and not voyage through pool-sized puddles.

I got the Cobb Club Sandwich which sounded delicious on the menu. It was so plain and flavorless. The avocado wasn't even tasty - and that's got to be a first, how do you find bad avocado!? The fries were decent, nothing to rave about, but comparable to your average. Now here's the kicker - my pickle was BARELY pickled - it was a friggin salted cucumber!

The waiter was pretty nice and helpful and they were pretty quick about getting me my food - but then again, how long does it take to make a sandwich?

Closing statement: Go across the street, get CHEAPER AND BETTER food at Denny's.
Convenient and Decent Grub Apr 24, 2009
Daily Grill is a chain restaurants with over 20 locations across the United States, with a majority in California. The location I went to is conveniently located across from the Bob Hope Airport in Burbank and is adjacent to the Marriott Burbank Airport and Convention Center.

The restaurant decor is clean and comforting with dark woods, faux leather banquettes, and shades of brown. The atmosphere is relaxed and casual.

The menu is typical American fare.

We had the deep fried calamari for an appetizer. It was delicious. The breading was very light and the calamari was cooked perfectly and was very tender.

My dad ordered the 16oz prime rib with baked potato and creamed spinach. It is only served on Fridays and Saturdays. I guess he liked it because he ate the whole thing!

My mom ordered Baby Back Rib Combo with BBQ Jumbo Shrimp coleslaw and backed beans from the Chef's Features menu. She enjoyed the ribs because the meat was still juicy and tender.

My brother liked the Parmesan Crusted Alaskan Halibut with mustard sauce and roasted vegetables from the Chef's Features menu.

My sister-in-law ordered the Overn Roasted Herb Chicken from the Core Dinner menu. I don't exactly remember if she liked it or not.

I ordered the Filet Mignon with bleu cheese herb crust, spinach mashed potato with Bordelaise sauce. The meat was cooked to my liking but I could barely taste the bleu cheese crust because the flavor of the sauce was more prominent. I was expecting and preferred greenish mashed potatoes but they just folded in fresh spinach. I did enjoy the entree overall.

My cousin claims that the Daily Grill makes one of her favorite mac & cheese so I ordered it for the table to give it a try. Much to my surprise, it was really good! It is served in a cast iron skillet so it remains warm much longer and the cheese is still velvety and creamy. The recipe is on the Daily Grill website under the "Ask Chef Phil" tab and I want to try it at home.=D

For dessert, we shared the Creme Brulee. The brulee was not evenly spread on the custard and was too thick. I could have chipped a tooth. The custard was very good with specks of vanilla beans throughout...YUM!

Our dining experience at Daily Grill was nice and satisfying. My only gripe was that they seated us near the side door so there was a cold draft the swirled around us. We should have asked for another table but my parents didn't want be a bother.

Honestly, I would eat at the Daily Grill again just for the Mac & Cheese!
Daily Grill Burbank Menu
Inside the Daily Grill
Fried Calamari
Filet Mignon with Bordelaise Sauce…
koticphreak says:
Yup, I have conferences at that hotel regularly and usually goto panda or denny's for lunch, but it was raining, I'll copy/paste my yelp review here later, you can read all about it :)
Posted on: Jul 16, 2010
TRE69 says:
@ Mark...was it the Burbank location that you had issues with?
Posted on: Jul 15, 2010
koticphreak says:
I absolutely HATE this place. I bitched about it on YELP :)
Posted on: Jul 14, 2010