Dahab medical clinic

Dahab, Egypt

Dahab medical clinic Reviews

Stigen Stigen
Dahab SCAM alert !! Mar 26, 2010
This is a review of the "medical clinic" in Dahab at the end of the pedestrian street , directed towards tourists. After having "treatment" there I have decided to make it my new quest in life to make sure no other tourist visit this place.

First in general : Do not visit this "clinic" even if you are very sick , or specially not if you are very sick , as the doctors in this clinic are likely to make it even worse.

If you go there as a healthy person with a simple complaint (like I did) , do not take the medicines if he tries to give you something , and do not trust any "diagnosis" he may offer. Belive me these people have`nt got a clue what they are doing when it comes to medicine. The doctor is a young guy who chuckles nervously for every word spoken , and who is likely to hurt you more then heal you with whatever remedies he offeres. I have 6 years of medical training , and seriously doubt that the doctors in this clinic have anymore then a 5 hour first aid course.

I went there for a simple problem - slight difficulty equalizing while snorkling. I was hoping it was just some ear wax that could be flushed out (like I have had done to me before at real doctors). This guy looked in my ear , and then asked me if I had had any ear problems before , so I said I`ve had wax , so he says "Its probably wax "

I would say that even an infant would recognize wax , and this guy was`nt even sure after looking in my ear.

Then he went about flushing with a medevil iron syringe , which produced absolutely no sign of wax. Then sent me home with some tablets for inflammation and pain? , none of which were my symptoms. The day after he looked in the ear and said " there is lots of wax there"" , then flushed it again without producing any signs of wax , and then he looked in the ear and said "ok , you`re healthy , no more wax !". So where did this magical wax go ?? into my brain ??

Then he charged me a riddiculous sum of money , that would equal about 3 months of work for an average egyptian , and this for his two 5 minute useless consults. After heavy protests I managed to get away with paying half the fee, but still way way to much. Now I will warn the world about this place , my first step will be to contact Lonely planet and Rough guides , no more tourist will go into this trap.
TravellingAuntie says:
Posted on: Mar 27, 2010
sarahsan says:
Scary place! Thanks for the warning!
Posted on: Mar 27, 2010