Dahab Plaza Hotel

Dahab Plaza Hotel Reviews

itravel1 itravel1
My best stay in the Middle East!! Jul 05, 2014
~Dec 2012

This review is long overdue. My apologies to the owner and staff of the hotel. I arrived via Nuweiba from Aqaba very early in the morning, before sunrise anyway. After a short sign-in Bahaa the manager showed me to my room so I could catch some sleep.

"Good Morning Mr. Mike!" as I come from my room and stare at the inviting pool just outside my door. "Coffee and breakfast is over there, relax", I'm liking this place already! Let me say, Emad who I met the second day, the owner and most gracious host has employed the best hotel staff I have ever come across. Always smiling, waving hello, asking how you are, do you need ANYTHING, these guys are the best. Don't kid yourself these guys are busy. Not only are they keeping the groungs and pool clean but they are making you breakfast, coffee/tea anytime, getting you water bottles, taking your personal laundry, and showing you the town of Dahab all for the simple price of 23us a night. Need something? they have it, will get it or find the best place for you to buy it.

The room had two singles, tv, wardrobe, ensuite with tub (Red Sea is a 3/5 min walk/stroll), towels and a fridge that can make ice! Their pool was heated by the sun which is refreshing after a couple cold beers. Breakfast has 4-5 different choices and is tasty and plentiful. There is an outdoor pool table, table tennis, chill area with tv, and sheesha all included. I never went but there are also roof top areas with views of the sea.

Dahab is a beautiful little sea town which you will be shown and the best places to buy and eat will be pointed out as well as banking and liquor locations. The market is a minute walk and open 24/7. I only planned to stay for 3/4 days and ended staying 8, getting my scuba license(OWD) and a few other dives in as well. The hotel works with a dive company just a minute walk away, beside the market.

The guys working here are the best. When I needed earphones, they told me how much to pay and where, a chess set(wanted to play the boy from S.Africa), Emad found a place and Bahaa took me to the shop. Many an evening spent talking, eating together, playing pool or just showing pictures. It's no wonder how on some of Egypt's slowest tourist times this place has plenty of people staying. People from all over the globe, and of all types of units, families, friends, solos, couples, moms and daughters and everyone looked happy and acted friendly.

I cannot thank Emad enough, he helped me exchange money when I could not get any from the ATMs and when leaving he gave me his personal number for any problems or questions I might incur during my days in Egypt. I haven't visited cities twice, not ones halfway around the world anyway, but I feel I have left family behind and one day will return to stay with my friends again.

PS - "Morsi good...Yes?" LOL!
pool from lobby/street side
pepo36 pepo36
good value budget hotel May 27, 2011
this is my second time in this hotel this time i stayed 3 nights in the hotel and its really amazing for a budget hotel , its in the middle of everything in Dahab

the hotel amenities are awesome , u get free internet , free shisha , free tea and free water bottles

the staff are very friendly

i highly recommend this hotel for backpackers
pepo36 pepo36
affordable and good value Mar 31, 2011
This place is perfect for backpackers

its very very cheap and it has a private beach which is like 5 mins walking from the hotel

u can say its like a family hotel

the breakfast they serve is good and prices of the drinks and food on their beach are not overpriced

i like this place and i will definitely go there whenever i'm in dahab
Stigen Stigen
Decent, and good service! Mar 26, 2010
The hotel is what you would expect for 15 pounds , and some more. It is not to bad at all , we got a good clean room with Tv and fridge and an ensuite bathroom. Only bad thing is that it feels a bit isolated as no windows , and no balcony. The manager is very interested in offering his services , and does everything to keep his guests. He took us around the town to show us the "sights" ,and the restaurants connected to the hotel..

The service offeredhere is unparalleled in Dahab , and possibly all of Egypt. Inclued in your 16€ you will get free laundry , free tea at any time of the day, free Sheeshas for you and your friends to enjoy!, and use of pool tables , and ping pong table.

Breakfast is generously included in the price.

The biggest disappointment is really the common area which is not really cozy with a general lack of pillows , and way to strong lightbulbs , and an ugly old TV that plays all evening. All we wanted was a soft isolated area to read our books in peace. Also the swimming pool was filled with sand and dirt, not water. There is some real potential for this place if some improvements are made. The large roof is completely empty ! it would be the perfect site for seting up a large common area for the residents ! from the roof there is amazing views over the mountains ,as well as the city , and the ocean ! (supposedly he will do that to have it ready for this summer)
daisyg303 daisyg303
Affordable, great location,clean and great service. Jul 26, 2010
The hotel is clean, the staff is beyond helpful and friendly. Laundry is free which is a huge plus and bottles of water were always delivered to our room. Inside the rooms they have a small fridge and T.V. The location is great as it is close to shops and restaurants. This hotel is a comfortable and quiet establishment. Free internet and a nice swimming pool available to us 24/7. We couldn't have asked for more!
Entrance of hotel

• Salon
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Massage
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower