D'Vino Wine Bar

www.dvino.net - +385 (0)20 321130

D'Vino Wine Bar Dubrovnik Reviews

moviegal226 moviegal…
Fantastic Wine Bar May 31, 2012
This cozy little wine bar is difficult to find but is worth the trip! Ask any local to point you in the right direction (head down the side alleyway and there it is)!

This is one of the best wine bars I've ever visited! I love wine and wanted to try some local Croatian specialities. Since I knew nothing about Croatian wine before my visit here, I had lots of questions for Sasha (the hostess and owner). She was very patient and took lots of time to answer all of my questions and educated me about all of the yummy wines that are made in Croatia.

We tried two flights of local wines and then each ordered a glass of the showstopper -- the Kiridzua Dinjac (difficult to pronunce but oh so tasty). This big, bold red wine put some of the major California players to shame! This wine is insanely delicious; try it if you stop in!

We also ordered a meat and cheese platter. We got a huge plate of assorted local meats, olives, cheeses and bread. It was a great value because this plate was ginormous. The food was super tasty too and made a hearty snack for the two of us. The wine bar has a nice shop where you can buy all varities of local wine. If you buy a bottle "to go," you get a discount.

The interior is cozy and cave-like with several tables, a bar with seating, and a cozy couch seating area in the back. There are a few outdoor tables in the alley, but there's not much of a view. The vibe is friendly and casual (a Ray Charles CD was playing when we walked in) and the employees speak several languages fluently (no worries if you don't know any Croatian).

This is a great wine bar and is a must-stop if you are in Dubrovnik. If you are a wine lover, you have to stop here!
Exterior entrance to D'Vino.
Delicious local cheese and meat pl…
Outdoor seating in the alley.
Wine flight menu.