DOLCE Enoteca

8284 Melrose Avenue, West Hollywood, CA, USA

DOLCE Enoteca West Hollywood Reviews

taramlee taramlee
Feb 01, 2007
For the past few years I've tried to make my choice of where to have my birthday dinner with my family a unique one- somewhere I've never been before. So, this year, while searching the internet for nice restaurants in LAto celebrate my birthday dinner at, I came accross a few choices. Not being able to get a reservation at my first choice restaurant, I opted for Dolce instead of the hot new steak restaurantin town. (Perhaps I'll make it there someday when I can get a reservation before 9pm and write a review then.) As a bigger fan of Italian cuisine, I'm glad that we ended up going to Dolce afterall. Since Dolce Enotecais owned by the likes of celebritiessuch as Ashton Kutcher and some of his other 70s Show pals,my partyexpected ridiculous prices for small portions of tasteless food.However,this former 'hot spot' (as places in LA go from 'hot' to yesterdays news as soon as the next hot spot opens up), proved us all wrong and exceeded everyones expectations. For starters, the bread basket is served at the table with oil and vinegar as well as a side dish of cheese and salami! For appetizers we ordered the Pizza alla griglia and the Gnocchi di patate al pesto.Portions are very generous and not what you would typically expect from a trendy hollywood restaurant. The appetizers were almost enough to make us full but the taste was so convincingthat we all looked forward to our main course.We ordered the Pollo Parmigiana, Salmone al Limone e Capperi, Garganelli all'Aragosta, Ravioli di Zucca con burro e salvia, and the Paccheri con Burrata- ALL were fantastic and I'm sure everything else on the menu is as well.I have nothing but good things to say about this fine eatery. Dolce really surprised us all. The service was great, very friendly and intuitive. All it took was one mention of the birthday girl when mymom suggested I order a cocktail of my choiceand at the end of dinner there were candles on my gelati. Oh and yes,try to saveroom for dessert!! Ambience is great but somewhat dark. The bar is on fire (literally) and it's rather cool. Attire is casual. Dolce is a night spot, and turns into more of a lounge and bar environment after usual dining hours. Valet parking is availblebut there is ample space for street parking as well. Some may consider this retaurant average to high priced ($15~ up to the fixed menus @ $75) but most of the choices are under $30.I've heard that on MONDAY nights the whole menu is HALF OFF.(maybe not the drinks though!) Not a bad deal! I will definitely go back again sometime.

Check West Hollywood Hotel Deals