DMZ Tours

Seoul, South Korea

DMZ Tours Seoul Reviews

vincws vincws
Chill or Thrill Apr 30, 2011
North Korea is one of the world's most militarized nation,if not the most.North Korea is today considered the world's most isolated country. To catch a glimpse of North Korea & being at the DMZ itself gives one the chills.

Cameras are not allowed in certain areas (heavily guarded areas) So..bringing along a telescopic lens helps if you want to take a shot of North Korea (from a distance)

It's about a 45 minutes bus ride from Seoul city. You'd also get achance to go into the "3rd Tunnel", again cameras allowed in this area(1 of 4 tunnels) which the South Korean found...thus far.
Landmines...they are still million…
North Korea is just right behind me
RichieRichtravels5 RichieRi…
DMZ TOURS Mar 27, 2011
If you are in South Korea and are as interested in the secret nation of North Korea the DMZ tour is absolutely awesome and very cheap. Take pics with the Noerth Korean guards and get your passport stamped in the North! Check it out
vanessadawn vanessad…
DMZ ( DeMilitarized Zone) Jun 27, 2010
I highly recommend going to DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) when in S.Korea. The tour bus will tak you to several interesting spots and you will learn a lot from it.

Imjingak is where the Bridge of Freedom lies and where the Steam Locomotive can be seen. This old rusty train is a symbol of the division of North and South Korea and has been there since the Korean War.

It is railroad station which was built connecting North and South Korea but now shut because of the conflict bet 2 countries.

This train/route, once open, will give people another option or way to travel from Europe to Asia.

3. 3rd TUNNEL

It was said that this tunnel was dug by North Koreans to invade S.Koreans but was discovered by latter. The yellow-painted marks on the wall were dynamite holes used by N.Koreans to build the tunnel.

warning: the underground tunnel is very long and tiring so you have to be in good shape to do this.
Steam Locomotive
Steam Locomotive
Dorasan Station
Dorasan Station
Airportman Airportm…
Tour of the most heavily guarded border in the world May 12, 2010
I had booked this tour, as I wanted to see both sides of the border. I had visited it when I was in North Korea and now I wanted to it while in South Korea.

To be honest, I was surprised at how strict everything was. Something I had not expected while being in a free country like South Korea.

The rules and regulations where much more relaxed in North Korea, so perhaps that influenced/clouded my opinion about this tour.

But still it's a tour I do recommend to make when you are in Seoul.

The tour I made started with a visit to the 3rd Tunnel. This is a tunnel, discovered in the 70's with the help of a north korean defector. You get down in the tunnel, which was constructed by the North to infiltrate Seoul for an attack. All 4 tunnels located are closed now, but this one is partially open for public.

Then I went to the Dora Observatory for a view of the border, the 2 cities inside the DMZ and the 2 large flagpoles.

Then I went to visit the Dorasan Station, the last train station which is in use. People can take the train to North Korea, but only with a special permit.

Then I went to Imjingak, a place where you can see the Freedom Bridge, an old locomotive from the Korean War and a monument. It's also the location the tour started and I had lunch.

The last part of the tour was the visit to the DMZ, the actual border. I visited Camp Bonifas for a briefing. I also had to sign a delclaration form that I was responsible for whatever happened to me in case of a border incident.

Then I was taken, under escort in a military bus, to the Freedom House. From here I went into the Military Armistice Commission building for a chance to step into North Korea.

Then I was driven to a memorial about a tree incident, 2 US soldiers got killed by North Korean soldiers with axes and to the Bridge of No Return, used to swap POW's after the war.

Then I arrived back in Seoul in the early afternoon.

This tour comes with rules and regulations, as well as a dress code. Make sure you check online what you can expect and what you have to do. Don't let this deter you from taking the tour, it's just something to look into so you know what to expect.
The 3rd Tunnel
The 3rd Tunnel
The 3rd Tunnel - mine warning sign
The 3rd Tunnel - model of the DMZ …

Related Travel Blogs About DMZ Tours

Driving Around Seoul
These are various pictures I took while we were driving around the city, either on the Seoul City Bus Tour or on our trip up to the DMZ.  Seoul Skies First and foremost, you can't help but no…Seoul City Bus Tour or on our trip up to the DMZSeoul Skies First and foremost, you can't help…
Day 17: Seoul, visit the DMZ
At 6:00am I woke by the sound of my alarm. I had to get up this early, as I had booked a tour to visit the DMZ. One of the highlights of my stay in Seoul. I ate my breakfast, which I had bought the n…tour to visit the DMZ. One of the highlights of my stay in Seoul. I ate my breakfast, which I had bought…
DMZ tour
This is the day when we were booked on the DMZ tour, a half day tour which required picking up people from several hotels. Since we were one of the first pickups we had to get up early! By 9am we wer…DMZ tour, a half day tour which required picking up people from several hotels. Since we were one of the first pickups we had to get up early…

Check Seoul Hotel Deals