DFDS King Seaways

Check IJmuiden Hotel Deals

DFDS King Seaways IJmuiden Reviews

Suusj Suusj
Two nights in a Cabin Sep 30, 2016
We booked a mini-cruise to Newcastle. Which meant, in our case, sleeping on a boat. We had a small cabin that could fit a total of 4 people. Located on the second level, which means no windows. The rooms is small. With two bunk beds, a small table and a small bathroom. The bathroom contains of a very small shower with a shower curtain, a sink and a toilet. There is carpet on the floor.

The boat itself has more then enough restaurants & entertainment to keep yourself busy. We did not use the entertainment.Though our daughter had a lot of fun at the kids area (so much fun that she asked if there would be a ball pit and a slide on the plane we took a couple weeks later... ) We did eat on board which was ok. Breakfast buffet as well as a breakfast from a menu. Both satisfying.

I am not the kind of person that loves to be on a boat, I get seasick easly. I don't like the movement and I much rather be on land or in a plane. However, the King seaways may have changed my mind a bit. Yes I did feel the moving of the boat but I did not get seasick. I would recommend the King seaways as it is an easy way to get to the other side.
Roomnumber
Our Hallway
One of the bunks
Girlbuns and view from the bunk
Ils1976 says:
that's great to read, I get seasick as well ... that's why I only use a boat when I really need to take it! :)
Posted on: Nov 27, 2016
Suusj says:
I really have a love/hate relationship with ferries and boats but I really liked this one :).
Posted on: Nov 03, 2016
monkeymia79 says:
Thanks for the review Suus, Im not a fan of ferries after a few bad crossins on the Spirit of Tasmania from Melbourne to Devonport.
Posted on: Oct 31, 2016
Paulovic Paulovic
Cabin on ship Jan 14, 2011
We had our own cabin on the cruise ship. It was a cabin with two beds above eachother, a bunk. There was a table and a small couch in the room. Further more we had our private bathroom with a shower, a toilet and a sink, this all on two square meters. But what do you expect? And the cabin we booked had a window with seasight! Great, but it is winter, so before we left the harbour it was already dark. So we didn't see anything at all on open sea. At arrival, fortunately it was light. We could sea the main land of England already when we woke up, because the last part we cruised along the coast for a while.

Check IJmuiden Hotel Deals