DCX Surf School

surfingoahu.com - (808) 926-1414

DCX Surf School Honolulu Reviews

zzgorch zzgorch
Best Surfing Lessons in Waikiki Mar 30, 2008
Just a block from Waikiki Beach is a little hole-in-the wall surf instructor named Erik Lillmars. I just happened to stop at his stall on my way back to my hotel and inquired about surf lessons. He gave me a brochure and explained a bit of his surf philosophy. He wants you to really learn and love surfing, like he does. A lot of the other instructors, who might be located right on the beach take you out for a photo op, tire you out and then they can get more lessons in that day. Not Erik. He takes the time for you to learn the safety, surfing mechanics and how to read the waves and conserve energy. As an added bonus, he has a black lab named Malu who also surfs! Very cool. Anyway, I paid about $75 for a private lesson that was supposed to be about an hour and a half in the water but was probably more like 2, plus another hour on land. I got up with his assistance on my 3rd or 4th wave and then consistently got up and stayed up on a bunch more. I really had a blast and HIGHLY recommend lessons with Erik.
Eric says:
Cool, glad you got to stand up!
Posted on: May 07, 2008
nickandem nickandem
A great, personal service and excellent value for money Aug 08, 2008
I can't recommend this place enough. The guys at DCX surf school in Waikiki are friendly and welcoming from the start and put you very much at ease. I had two 90 minute private with lessons with Eric who taught me everything a beginner could wish to know to get started about safety, positioning and picking the right waves all in a fun, relaxed and enjoyable manner. At 75 USD a lesson, I don't think you could get better value for money.

Check Honolulu Hotel Deals