Czech Inn Hostel

Czech Inn Hostel Rates and Deals

Czech Inn Hostel Prague Reviews

yoanna87 yoanna87
Nice modern hostel Aug 17, 2011
Czech Inn is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. I stayed there twice this year and loved it so I will stay there next time I'm in Prague, too.

I stayed in a 10-bed female dorm, which was more like two rooms plus it was en-suite (there was one proper bathroom and also one small shower room, ah and also a sink in the room). So it was quite spacious.

The beds are comfortable but I would not recommend the upper bunk - last time I arrived late so did not have a choice and had to take what was left.. it is very difficult to climb up and then go down.. I don't usually complain about it but the way the beds are designed is just not right. You really have to be super fit ;)

The hostel seems to be very safe and secure. You have to use a card to use a lift and you can only go to your floor.

The reception staff are friendly and you can buy many things from them, like public transport tickets and stamps.
beldin says:
Nice review, looks like a place to consider when i am in prague ... ;-)
Posted on: Aug 18, 2011
stian79 stian79
Nice place Oct 07, 2011
So what can I say about this hostel?

First impressions was very good. Friendly staff when I arrived and overall good service at the reception. Got my card and used in the elevator to get up to my floor. Went to my room where my key-card didn't work so went back down again. Outside the elevator a bunch of people was waiting for the elevator to be reset since their key-cards didn't work in the elevator... I went to the reception and they programmed my key-card again and this time it worked in my room.

Room:

The room consisted of two individual beds and a small lockable drawer (bring our own lock or buy on in the hostel).

No shower in the room, but it had a sink and mirror.

Problems:

If you ever stay here, then never ever stop the elevator doors if you see people come running to catch the elevator before the doors close. I tried that once and the power in the elevator failed... Took some time to start it up again.

Every time I came back from the city or the shower the key-card didn't work so I had to get back down to the reception again if my roommate wasn't already in the room to let me in...

Internet connection:

Wifi was available at the hotel. They also have some internet computers at the lobby for the guests.

General:

At night the hallways are loud and noisy. The people working in the hostel had been told somebody had puked in the hallway outside our room, but they didn't do anything about it. That meant one of the girls I travelled with slid in the puke and landed in it... Therefore I give them a low Cleanliness rating.

Bar:

They have a nice bar, but the bartender is not experienced so keep an eye for what they really are putting in your drink. They don't know the recipes for the simplest drinks.

Showers:

The showers has those push in buttons to get water. This means you'll be spending a lot of time pushing this button to get any water at all. But they always had nice hot water there. :D

Location:

The location was good. If you like to walk you can easily walk to the castle or the old city, but if you don't like to walk for an hour or so then you can buy a 24 hour pass on the trams and take tram 22 down to the city. Recommend you stay away from taxis as they try to rip you of if they can.

Check out:

When we checked out the people in the reception didn't believe we lived in room 212 as they didn't have us registered there at all. Glad there never was a fire. This happened to several people in my group when we checked out. Probably due to the same computer problems as the key-cards.

Overall:

I would recommend this hostel as long as they fix their computer problems and the key-cards.

Not the hostel for you if you want it nice and quiet at night.
The bar at the hostel.
TinaSparkles TinaSpar…
Great Hostel with easy access to town centre Apr 02, 2011
In 2010, I stayed at the Czech Inn with a friend during our travels around Europe. The building was turned into a hostel about 12 months before we stayed, and accordingly everything was very new and everything worked!

The rooms were pleasant with small sinks and a desk, and there was free WiFi, as well as computers available in the lobby.

There was no kitchen- but there was a bar/restaurant which was a great place to meet people. A quality all you can eat Breakfast was available for a small additional cost.

Staff were relaxed, pleasant and helpful. Hostel had a very intimate feel- we felt very welcome, which was great as we were stranded there an extra 3 days due to the Icelandic volcano!

There was trivia on one night. Food and drinks were well priced.

The hostel was about 15 minutes from the city centre by tram.

I'd stay there again.
AggieRockStar AggieRoc…
Very new Apr 03, 2011
I stayed during the summer of 2010 and loved how new and clean everything was. The staff was quite friendly and made some excellent recommendations for food in the area. The bar was very decent and everything was a fair price.

The only downside was the length of the trip from the train station. You definitely want to take a tram and you're about 15 minutes from the station. Also you are not close to old town. Fortunately the tram runs right by the area but it's probably a 25 minute ride to get there.

I would definitely stay here again.
jonesberries jonesber…
Jul 13, 2009
The poshest hostel ever. Great people. Amazing decor. Great location. We LOVE IT!!!!!
ejstravels ejstrave…
Czech Inn in Prague Apr 08, 2009
Fabulous place to stay! Really great design and nice comfortable beds. I really enjoyed it and would totally come back to this hostel. Plus they have a great breakfast!
krisz2205 krisz2205
Most Amazing Hostel Ever Jun 08, 2008
This is the best hostel I have ever stayed in. It is ranked as one the top 10 hostels in the world. It is very cheap and the beds are extremely comfortable and cheap. The showers are clean and have amazing water pressure along with wonderful hot water. The hostel provides free towels as well. The hostel is equipped with computers and wireless internet. They have a fully stocked nice bar. One night there was a man who sang and played guitar in the bar. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They all spoke English. Security is really good to. You must take the elevator to all the rooms and you have to stick your room key in the elevator in order for it to work. There is a safe underneath every bed although you have to provide your own lock. It was an absolutely amazing experience. The location is good as well. It's about a seven minute walk from the metro and only one stop away from Central Prague. The next time I go to Prague I will stay at the Czech Inn again!

Czech Inn Hostel Amenities

• Microwave
  • Hair Dryer
  • Laundry service
  • Desk
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels
  • Shower
  • Coffee Shop/Cafeteria
  • Luggage Storage

Related Travel Blogs About Czech Inn Hostel

Prague Blague (Prague blog, get it?)
The journey to Prague was a little bit crazy. Our flight didnt leave Amsterdam until 9:30pm, and arrived in Prague at 11. So we were a bit rushed to find our way to the hostel, as buses stop running …Czech Inn! The hostel is gorgeous, more like a hotel with 10 strangers in your room. We dropped our stuff and hit the sack right away. Day 1 Prague

Check Czech Inn Hostel Rates and Deals