Cuthberts

103 Mount Pleasent, Liverpool, United Kingdom

Cuthberts Liverpool Reviews

jeminigirl jeminigi…
If you like cake - look no further =) Apr 25, 2015
My friends and I had heard great reviews about Cuthberts Bakehouse. A vintage style tea shop with amazing cakes. And in our quest for the perfect Afternoon tea, we needed to try the delights offered here for ourselves. Booking is essential if you wish to take Afternoon Tea, and it’s taken us a number of failed attempts before we were lucky enough to grab a spot one Saturday afternoon. Our tea was booked 2 weeks in advance, which indicates how popular this venue is as everything is baked to order, they also accommodated my friend who has a gluten free diet.

We had a rough idea as to where Cuthbert’s was situated as it’s on the outskirts of the city centre, within a short distance from the Catholic Cathedral, however, we still managed to completely miss it, and relied on our smart phone, map app in the end to get us there.

The interior of the tea shop is decorated vintage style with a number of tables in the front of the shop and a few more towards the rear of the shop where the kitchen is. We were seated in the front area of the tea room, towards the rear. Service was incredibly swift and our tea was brought out in 3 individual glass tea pots, as we’d all ordered different teas from their vast selection. There is unlimited tea or coffee when taking Afternoon Tea.

We were amazed when the stands were brought to our table. My friend (the gluten free one) had a separate stand especially for her and myself and my other friend shared a cake stand. Our sandwich selection comprised of: 2 smoked salmon and cream cheese bruschetta, 2 roast beef & horseradish bruschetta, 2 chicken tikka triangles and 2 chicken salad triangles. Given that my friend does not eat salmon they also included 2 egg mayonnaise triangles.

Of course the main thing that we’d come for was cake and there was plenty. Yaaay =) Two huge home baked scones with lots of strawberry jam and clotted cream, two beautiful Victoria sponge cakes, 2 macaroons, 2 chocolate cakes, with chocolate dipped strawberries and 2 custard sponges. So much cake that Cuthberts provide you with cake boxes to take home what you cannot eat whilst there.

Afternoon tea is served between 2pm-5pm Mon - Fri and 12pm-6pm Sat & Sun - Price - Classic £15 per person, High Afternoon Tea £18 with a glass of prosecco.

Everything was freshly baked and tasted divine. I can’t recommend Cuthberts highly enough.
Lots of yummie treats =)
Ils1976 says:
me like cake ... LOADS!!!! :)
Posted on: Aug 07, 2015