Custom House

www.customhouse.dk - +45 3331 0130

Custom House Copenhagen Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Custom House Bar & Grill Dec 27, 2009
In the middle of Copenhagen and almost in the water, an old harbour ticket office has been transformed to a wonderful restaurant house. The Custom House consist of 3 different restaurants:

Bacino is an authentic Italian kitchen dedicated to quality food; based on the best ingredients adjusted to the season. I have only heard good things from this place.

Ebisu is a traditional Japanese restaurant kept in the traditional clean cut design. The food is supposed to be sublime.

The third restaurant is the Custom House Bar & Grill where I went and it was a first time for me. One of my Belgian friends had actually recommended this place to me. When we entered we were met by a smiling woman who said that our table would be ready in 5-10 minutes. She said that we could wait in the bar and so we did.

The bar was nice and very long; it was a polished steel desk with champagne buckets spread on it. Behind the bar different bottles were lined up in front of the black tiles. The bartender was swift and friendly and I decided on a couple of glasses Delamotte Champagne at 15€. I was at this point not used to the champagne prices in Denmark and I am sure I never will be. At the end of the bar a live band was getting ready to play; it looked like it was going to be a great evening.

After 10 minutes we were guided to our table; we got a nice one in the corner but not close to the windows over viewing the water. The restaurant was full and on some of the tables people were in real party mode.

We looked at the menu and I decided on a Skagen Salad (16€) as a starter while Babs skipped the first dish. The Salad was marvellous; I had a hard time keeping Babs away from continuously poking in it. As a wine I took a Sancerre Guy Saget; which turned out to be good but not as tasty as the one we had tasted in Nimb the day before. The wine prices was as always in Denmark quite steep (56€).

Our main courses were grilled salmon (23€) and flounder (34€) and both dishes were really delicious.

While we were eating the music started to play and it was quite nice and relaxing even though it at some times was difficult to talk. The musician were quite good and they even had one of the most famous Danish rappers walking by and giving a number.

It must say that I really enjoyed the place and it will certainly be a place for me to visit again.
Welcome to the Custom House
sylviandavid says:
Christian..... great review... sylvia
musia musia
Informal bar&grill Jan 06, 2009
Good location, just few step from main attractions, but non-touristy at all. Dishes mainly local fusion, based on northen seafood, meat and winter roots, wild berries. Artistic presentation with tower-like construction in the centre of huge plate doesn't dissapoint you. There is really hearty portions, not like at some haute cuisine places, when you feel hungry at the end of the dinner. Wine list just doctor (chef) ordered to this menue, not a revelation, but you don't need one. Tasty local bread and good and generous coffee at the end (not faceless espresso from machine).
sylviandavid says: