Custom Hotel

Custom Hotel Rates and Deals

Custom Hotel Los Angeles Reviews

pearcetoyou pearceto…
Custom hotel May 31, 2012
The Custom Hotel is located close to LAX. I got my room here through a Priceline bid for 65USD plus taxes, etc. The hotel is a 12 story black building on Lincoln and it's not easy to miss. The location is good if you are going to the airport. There is also some shopping within walking distance.

The hotel is clean and modern, and the staff was nice and helpful. My room was spacious. It had a good size flat screen TV. The bathroom was a little small and outdated. The bed was also a bit lumpy, but not a major problem. My biggest complaint was that I had no coffee maker in my room and there was no place to get coffee at the hotel at 7 in the morning. I had to wait until 8 and go to the nearby Coffee Bean cafe.

If you have a car, expect to pay an extra 20USD for valet parking (it's all they offer). I believe they serve breakfast in the lobby but I was out of there before it started. There is also a couple of lounges\bars and resto on the property, as well as a pool. There are a couple of computers in the lobby if you need to print out airline tickets or check in, but if you just want to use the internet there is a charge.
My room
nitelifenyc nitelife…
Nice LAX airport hotel Apr 21, 2012
I ordinarily HATE staying by LAX when I'm in LA.

But on this occasion I was with one of my acts at the very end of a west coast tour, and since everyone was flying back to the east coast or Vegas at different times, we decided to stay somewhere close by with a shuttle so that we wouldn't have to worry about everyone getting to the airport on time.

That idea worked out great...and after staying at the Crowne Plaza and La Quinta on previous visits where I needed to stay close to the airport, this was a MUCH welcome breath of fresh air.

This Swanky little spot is about about a 5 minute drive from the airport on Lincoln Road...about 15 or 20 minutes from the Santa Monica Pier and Venice Beach. I had no idea how close it was when we were checking in.

The place is ultra modern, VERY clean, great staff, and has everything you need in a hotel for a quick stay in LA (especially if you need to be by the airport).

Of course, its not the Mondrian and its not in the "cool" part of LA...but for the money, as far as airport hotels go...this is a VERY good bet and i'd recommend it.
austinflook austinfl…
Affordable Hip Chic hotel by LAX May 22, 2011
This hotel is perfect if you want to be close to the airport, yet you don't want to stay at a lame airport hotel. This hotel is close to the airport but not next to it and it is ultra hip with a chic restaurant, lobby bar with dj, and and outside pool/club area at night. Also, it is affordable!
gr8guy gr8guy
Custom Hotel Los angeles Dec 12, 2009
The Custom hotel is just that, a hotel that is rather unique in a town of “me too.” It touts itself as having “boutique accommodations“ and I would agree with them.

I chose Custom Hotel firstly because of its price and location. I was doing some photo shoots near the LAX airport and wanted something I could easily get in and out of with a moderate price. This hotel acceded those expectations and even placed the bar at a higher level for other hotels that emphasize similar accommodations but at a significant price jump. The amenities are a bit Spartan, the decor on the trendy side and the hallways lit at a night club level, something I thought was nice if you are bleary-eyed but not conducive to a hotel. Located literally minutes from the airport, the beach and LA nightlife, this place is safe, fun and friendly. The staff is accommodating, professional and knowledgeable of the local area. The hotel boasts 250 trendy decorated rooms. I was intrigued with oversized portraits of people in the hotel elevators but liked the euro club music being played thought the property. Inside the lobby you will find plenty of seating for parties (one for the media was happening as I checked in) or for meetings or hanging out with friends. You get free Wi-Fi if you need it, iPod / iPhone radio dock, room safe and a massage from Rachel McAdams… just kidding on the massage but it would be nice.

Outside is a very nice and warm pool, even in winter, cabanas with club seating and lighting and heaters in the winter. There is an outside gas fireplace, loungers, and a bar /club upstairs overlooking the pool with games, food, a bar and nightlife.

I personally recommend this hotel for numerous reasons and will stay there again when the time comes.

Have fun and say hi to Rachel for me!
The Custom Hotel front desk
My room 01
My room 02
The bathroom
kimokini kimokini
Should be called Unique and a Little Weird Hotel Nov 05, 2008
We stayed there for 4 nights. It was a nice hotel very close to the airport, with nice staff, clean rooms, compfy beds and free airport transportation.

The only thing we didn't like was the decor. The entire hotel is black on the outside and through out the hallways. The entrance is in the rear. The lobby decor was unique with stuffed sheep and a giantic picnic table in the center. The elevators have very odd pictures in them of 3 different people's faces (not even smiling). When you ride in the elevator weird sounds come from the speakers. The sounds are different each time (baby's cry, foreign languages, chipmunks etc..) It's kind of eerie. The rooms are stark white with dogs/dog faces accents. The bathrooms have a door that looks like a operating room door. The molding need work. There is no tile in the bathroom just cement floor. Lastly there is a pink light in the bathroom which is just weird. There is also a regular light as well. It was just way too dark and unwelcoming for us.

The pool area looked nice and so did the bar by the pool. At night this bar is a nice hang out with dance/techno music. Seemed popular.

There is a grocery store (Ralph's) next door. The hotel also has a restaurant but we did not get a chance to try it.
pyrrho pyrrho
Slightly off the wall Oct 28, 2007
I've stayed here a couple of times, as it's pretty close to the airport- you get a free transfer (by taxi) back to the airport.

The décor is different. As soon as you walk in, and see the sheep - you'll realise that this might not be to everybody's taste. There's usually some dance music playing, or similar. The lifts play sounds as you "take off", to your room.

The rooms are not very well lit, but I like it - apart from when you want to read something. You get a strange assortment of goodies in your room - condoms, thigh-length socks, sweets, coffee, disposable camera, lip-balm, pink gaffer tape.....

Just down from the hotel is a great diner - KJ's. The breakfasts, as they say in America, are awesome.

I really like staying here. It's different and quirky.

Custom Hotel Amenities

• Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower