Curzon House Hotel

London, England

Check London Hotel Deals

Curzon House Hotel London Reviews

Vikram Vikram
Amazing location, and for once, wifi actually works in a hostel room! Jun 06, 2017
Curzon House Hotel, (yes, I said hotel and not hostel) is located a few blocks between Earls Court and Gloucester Road Tube stations. Essentially, that translates to - amazing location. As someone who's been staying in YHA Earls Court 2-3 times a year since 2005, I can say it's one of the best and most tourist-friendly locations of London (well, and resident-friendly too, if you're willing to cough up 15mil quid for a flat!).

The hotel is fairly inexpensive. The reception, kitchen, dining and common areas are in the basement. And then the 4 storey building has individual rooms on every floor, the top most being the dorm with 6 beds.

The hotel is very safe. Breakfast whilst minimal (toast, jam, cereal, etc.) is sufficient and fairly good.

The best part about the hostel for me was that wifi actually works in the room unlike several other hostels where it works only in the common areas.

The only two things I hated about the hostel were:

1. the fact that there's no lift (which is a given in old EU buildings, I get it!) but schleping that suitcase up 5 floors is a nightmare. The website never mentioned that the dorm is on the top most floor.

2. The lack of shared washrooms - and/or not always clean

I won't exactly recommend this hostel/hotel strongly as I believe there are other hostels nearby that offer better value for money. That said, I wouldn't completely discourage folks either.

Check London Hotel Deals